Ending battle by healing enemy to full HP

PantsJackson

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm new to RPG Maker, so I'm not sure if this is possible.

I'm trying to create a system where your job is to help the enemies, rather than defeat them. Is it possible to set encounters to begin with an enemy at low health, then end on healing them to full HP? If so, how?

I've looked through the system options and can't see any way to do this natively. Googling didn't yield any results either.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On start battle you can set enemies HP to whatever you want like this:

You set this event in "Troops" tab in database

To set their HP to full at battle end there is no need because whenever battle ends their properties are reset again to values set in database.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use troop events (the grid at the bottom half of the troops tab). You can set one to run on turn 0 that lowers the enemy's HP at the start of battle, and then have another page for each enemy that runs when they're at max HP, and "kills" them when they're full- that way you win when they're all full.

You can apply a temporary "immortal" state if you don't want them to die when they reach zero (it's state #3 when you make a new project), and just remove that before adding the "death" state for the full HP enemy.

If you learn a tiny bit of javascript, you could make it a lot simpler by using script calls in conditional statements, etc.

EDIT: Another thought on getting them to leave battle when full- in the enemy's movelist (the grid on the enemy page), have everyone Flee when their HP is at 100%, and give it priority 9, with everything else being priority 6 or below. That way, every enemy will automatically leave once their HP is full, and the battle will naturally end once there are no more enemies.

Of course, they won't give rewards innately if you use that strategy.

PantsJackson

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use troop events (the grid at the bottom half of the troops tab). You can set one to run on turn 0 that lowers the enemy's HP at the start of battle, and then have another page for each enemy that runs when they're at max HP, and "kills" them when they're full- that way you win when they're all full.

You can apply a temporary "immortal" state if you don't want them to die when they reach zero (it's state #3 when you make a new project), and just remove that before adding the "death" state for the full HP enemy.
This worked, thank you! I had to set the event to kill them at max HP on the mob itself rather than the troop events because troop events only offers a trigger for HP that is less than or equal to.

But I figured it out. Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o
I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthNinjus