AriArtsy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to make a cutscene happen only if you get every ending before you get the true ending. How would I keep track of every ending?

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to make a cutscene happen only if you get every ending before you get the true ending. How would I keep track of every ending?
You'd probably want to look into using variables and switches since they are global and communicate to the entire game whether an event or trigger has happened or not.

Here are a few great starting points...

BenderWaffles

Echo607

AriArtsy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd probably want to look into using variables and switches since they are global and communicate to the entire game whether an event or trigger has happened or not.

Here are a few great starting points...

BenderWaffles

Echo607
I figured I'd use variables. I made it so if you get this ending, it makes the Ending variable go up by 1, but it also sends you back to the main menu and you load back in to the game to continue, I worry it doesn't store the variable?

I just attempted to do it like that and it didn't seem to store the variable. How would I make it store it even though it goes to the menu?

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sounds like you're talking about a New Game+. Both Galv

and Yanfly

have plugins that provide that functionality.

AriArtsy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

and Yanfly

Thank you! I figured I'd probably have to get a plug-in for that lol, but at least I'm not searching for something that does the exact same thing as something in game

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured I'd use variables. I made it so if you get this ending, it makes the Ending variable go up by 1, but it also sends you back to the main menu and you load back in to the game to continue, I worry it doesn't store the variable?
Hmm. I suppose that would have to be tested. If it doesn't work I'm sure theres a plugin for it.

AriArtsy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

and Yanfly

I tried GALV's New Game+ since I don't have money for the YEP one, but it still doesn't work because it still requires you to save after activating the variable, and this event sends you straight to the menu after finishing the ending

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So change the event to have the player save? That is how such things are done. It's the purpose of having save game files, the game can't "remember" anything when it's not running.

AriArtsy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So change the event to have the player save? That is how such things are done. It's the purpose of having save game files, the game can't "remember" anything when it's not running.
But that'd mean you save right as the ending happens. It'd load and send you right back to the menu because of how the event works.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure where the confusion is happening, but this is a very common thing in jRPGs and other games for decades. You beat the game, see the ending, are brought to a save screen, then go to the main menu where you have a new option to start a New Game+ based off of that saved game.

If there's some reason that you are horribly, incredibly opposed to having that save game screen during the process...I don't think there's any other way you can do what you want. The only way to keep data between games is in a save file, unless you get into more in-depth coding to modify the game engine.

Edit: the only other way would be to skip the step of returning to the main menu. You could play your end game event, then manually reset every single variable, trigger, switch and event in the entire game except the one keeping track of how many different endings the player has seen, and stick them back at the beginning to play again without giving them a choice.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been getting into YuGiOh again!
Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni