Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ecd1.png

This game is a dark fantasy 1st person dungeon crawler without any crawling and it's inspired by D&D, Wizardry and Dungeon Quest. It's for those people who're a bit tired of getting lost in labyrinths and just wanna get straight to all the action and choices. It uses interactive backgrounds and is primarily meant to be a casual game for phones/tablets and the touch-screen, but is perfectly playable on other devices.

ecd2.png

Like D&D/Wizardry it uses dice of different sizes, everything from 4-sided up to 20-sided and like Dungeon Quest, there can be sudden mortal danger out of nowhere. This means that you might have to fight a boss on your first day of adventuring, or be trapped in a very dangerous room that could be difficult to escape from.

ecd6.png

Combat is pretty straight-forward and determined by the 20-sided die. Your opponent always rolls first and then you. Whoever rolls the highest will get to attack. This means that the same combatant might get the chance to attack many times in a row. On your turn, you're basically free to use any items and spells before the turn goes back to the opponent.

ecd4.png

There's very little plot. Thanks to a map you somehow acquired, near the city of Duncaster you found the location of an infamous dungeon called the "Endless Combat Dungeon." This underground metropolis of horror seems to stretch for miles and most people that enter never make it out alive. Why adventurers keep getting trapped in the dungeon is because of greed. The want of its hoards of treasures and those that are lucky are allowed to escape with those riches.

ecd5.png

Your character, like many other adventurers, has come here to this place to make a profit. There's no big villain to kill, but a quest to retire and settle down. The last step for a veteran adventurer.

ecd7.png

WARNING/DISCLAIMER
AD&D old-school brutality. If you know what you're doing and using the best tactics, you should be alright, but not every adventurer will come out on top.

It doesn't have any adult content. but it has some nudity, blood and many religious references.

Here's the link to the game:
https://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/endless-combat-dungeon

I need any feedback, tell me what you think of it and what could make this game more fun. Also reports of bugs/glitches and all that.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Games in Development[/move]

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played your game few time ago! You are improving it day by day! Congratulation!
It's also the first MV game that works perfectly on mobile. No weird bugs or issues! It's perfect!

I like also the style used and the retrogaming design!
please, continue it! :)

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played your game few time ago! You are improving it day by day! Congratulation!
It's also the first MV game that works perfectly on mobile. No weird bugs or issues! It's perfect!

I like also the style used and the retrogaming design!
please, continue it! :)
I've been deliberately careful making sure it works fine on mobile, so I'm happy that it does. I want to continue the game, but drawing everything is difficult/takes a long time. For example, I wanted enemies to look wounded if their health is down to 50% but something like that would take many days to make.

deficiencyproductionz

Deficiency Productionz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Totally up my alley! It felt like anything could happen from the moment a slime stole my shield! Also, the minimalist graphics are immersive in a way haha

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Totally up my alley! It felt like anything could happen from the moment a slime stole my shield! Also, the minimalist graphics are immersive in a way haha
Hope for more surprises like that. Working on giving some enemies an array of spells and make dragons breathe fire etc. You'll burn, get sick, cursed, bleed and all that stuff when I'm done.. and of course my dream, being the low sanity having weird effects on vision and monsters.

So much I want to do.

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
You'll burn, get sick, cursed, bleed and all that stuff when I'm done.. and of course my dream, being the low sanity having weird effects on vision and monsters.
but don't make it too hard or too complex ^^"

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
HEY you brought it here!. Nice, I'm in the Facebook group!. This is a great project!

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I watched the latest updates! Wow! Amazing work! It looks totally different now!

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I watched the latest updates! Wow! Amazing work! It looks totally different now!
Had to re-do the idea from scratch, but I thought interactive backgrounds and stuff would make the game better. Of course, there's so much, much more I would want to add to make it what I had imagined. Right now there's 8(?) different rooms and 3 choice events, but I would want 100 each, to make every dungeon feel more unique. Takes such time though... and motivation.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely love this, spent a while playing which is more than can be said for a lot of games :p

Fab graphics, unique gameplay, good use of animation.

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely love this, spent a while playing which is more than can be said for a lot of games :p

Fab graphics, unique gameplay, good use of animation.
I'm happy you like it, and it's not even near done. I want so many more monsters, puzzles, secrets and events. I think it's one of those games that the more it has, the better it'll become. If you have any ideas you'd like to see, then let me know.

deficiencyproductionz

Deficiency Productionz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm happy you like it, and it's not even near done. I want so many more monsters, puzzles, secrets and events. I think it's one of those games that the more it has, the better it'll become. If you have any ideas you'd like to see, then let me know.
Last time I played your game, there was so much new content! Is there a specific place where you post progress?

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last time I played your game, there was so much new content! Is there a specific place where you post progress?
Just right there on Indiexpo, there's news showing what I just added. Haven't added anything new to the game in a week or so, though. I'm working on 3 projects at the same time, depending on my mood that day.

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I have to say that I barely opened this topic because of the name of the game. I usually don't like RPGs that are combat only.

But I'm glad I did! This is really cool stuff you got here! Everything comes together very well, I love the aesthetics! The gameplay has a nice pace to it too. I'll be sure to come back to this game! I only briefly played it so far, so sorry if I can't go more in-depth just yet.

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have to say that I barely opened this topic because of the name of the game. I usually don't like RPGs that are combat only.

But I'm glad I did! This is really cool stuff you got here! Everything comes together very well, I love the aesthetics! The gameplay has a nice pace to it too. I'll be sure to come back to this game! I only briefly played it so far, so sorry if I can't go more in-depth just yet.
My bad. I never know what to name my games so I make them very unimaginative on purpose to spare myself the trouble.

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
My bad. I never know what to name my games so I make them very unimaginative on purpose to spare myself the trouble.
I don't think it's a real issue. It was just very specific to me only. I'm sure there are people who enjoy other combat-only RPGs as well and are drawn in because of the name. It's completely fine name imo, no worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip
I really need to stop sidetracking sometimes
Take THREE seconds to watch my freakin plugin video clip and just be proud of me, forum/Dad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbrasileiro