Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This game is a dark fantasy 1st person dungeon crawler without any crawling and it's based on D&D, Wizardry and Dungeon Quest. It's for those people who're a bit tired of getting lost in labyrinths and just wanna get straight to all the action and choices.

Like D&D/Wizardry it uses dice of different sizes, everything from 4-sided up to 20-sided and like Dungeon Quest, there can be sudden mortal danger out of nowhere. This means that you might have to fight a boss on your first day of adventuring.

Combat is pretty straight-forward and determined by the 20-sided die. Your opponent always rolls first and then you. Whoever rolls the highest will get to attack. This means that the same combatant might get the chance to attack many times in a row. On your turn, you're basically free to use any items and spells before the turn goes back to the opponent.

There's very little plot. Thanks to a map you somehow acquired, near the city of Duncaster you found the location of an infamous dungeon called the "ENDLESS." This underground place of horror seems to stretch for miles and most people that enter never make it out alive. This is how it got its name.

Your character, like many other adventurers, has come here to this place to make a profit. The quest is to enter the dungeon and escape with as much treasure as possible and of course NOT die.

In Duncaster you can buy better gear, rest or go to MERLIN'S ACADEMY to take classes to learn spells before you try to venture to the dungeon.

WARNING/DISCLAIMER
The difficulty curve can be extreme, as it's going for the 1st version AD&D old-school brutality. If you know what you're doing and using the best tactics, you should be alright, but not every adventurer will come out on top.

It doesn't have any adult content but many religious references.

Here's the link to the game:
https://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/endless-combat-dungeon

I need any feedback, tell me what you think of it and what could make this game more fun. Also reports of bugs/glitches and all that.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Games in Development. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played your game few time ago! You are improving it day by day! Congratulation!
It's also the first MV game that works perfectly on mobile. No weird bugs or issues! It's perfect!

I like also the style used and the retrogaming design!
please, continue it! :)

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played your game few time ago! You are improving it day by day! Congratulation!
It's also the first MV game that works perfectly on mobile. No weird bugs or issues! It's perfect!

I like also the style used and the retrogaming design!
please, continue it! :)
I've been deliberately careful making sure it works fine on mobile, so I'm happy that it does. I want to continue the game, but drawing everything is difficult/takes a long time. For example, I wanted enemies to look wounded if their health is down to 50% but something like that would take many days to make.

thedeanreynolds

Deficiency Productionz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Totally up my alley! It felt like anything could happen from the moment a slime stole my shield! Also, the minimalist graphics are immersive in a way haha

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Totally up my alley! It felt like anything could happen from the moment a slime stole my shield! Also, the minimalist graphics are immersive in a way haha
Hope for more surprises like that. Working on giving some enemies an array of spells and make dragons breathe fire etc. You'll burn, get sick, cursed, bleed and all that stuff when I'm done.. and of course my dream, being the low sanity having weird effects on vision and monsters.

So much I want to do.

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
You'll burn, get sick, cursed, bleed and all that stuff when I'm done.. and of course my dream, being the low sanity having weird effects on vision and monsters.
but don't make it too hard or too complex ^^"

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
HEY you brought it here!. Nice, I'm in the Facebook group!. This is a great project!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disturbedcrab