RMMV Endless Melodies (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Kyoku, Jan 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kyoku

Kyoku Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Layer1_0.png

Synopsis
    REALLY CLICHE!

Kyoku and her twin sister Kagu lost their parent during the great war.
    But that was a long time ago, and not even Kyoku remembers about it
    Now, Kyoku is spending all of her time doing what normal girls do best!
    Playing her piano, hanging out with friends, being with her sister, and washing her hands constantly!
    She was happy, she believed that this was the way it should be forever.
    But it wasn't, and Kyoku has seen this. She saw it in her dreams.
    And very soon, the most important thing to her is going to be her drive to take down the evil that lurks in Strega.
    But she wasn't going to succeed without some help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet some of the characters!

Kyoku

Kyoku Chibi.png

She loves the piano! She loves playing on swings! She loves being with her sister!
    Kyoku is a pretty normal girl.
    Of course if the plot didn't spoil you already...
    She has Mysophobia
    Although she tries her best to live with it.
    She still has trouble doing things with her friends and family.
    And she often times finds herself having mental breakdowns when she doesn't have people alongside her.
    Did I mention she really likes ribbons?

Ayato

Ayato Chibi.png

One of the best Demon Hunters there are!
    He's totally epic and great with swords!
    He lost his birth parents a long time ago, so he lives with his parents friends.
    But why his parents died is unknown to him...
    He's really confusing to talk to and always thinks WAY too far ahead.
    Sometimes he has problems talking about certain things because he hadn't planned on what to say about it.
    He really loves dogs. Like, he REALLY loves dogs.
    He loves them so much, that sometimes he risks his life in order to protect them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots

Silver Leaf Village

Hahaha, this town was too big for upload, sorry it's small and real bad looking...
    Silver Leaf Town.png

Kyoku and Kagu's House

The Moegami Household.png

Features
    • Heart to Hearts, pretty much like the Heart to Hearts from Xenoblade

This explanation of Heart to Hearts is from the Xenoblade Wiki, since it is probably more descriptive then I am.
    Heart-to-Hearts are interactions between two playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles. Depending on dialog choices, affinity between the involved characters can be either increased or decreased. Heart-to-Hearts also help build character development in the game's storyline. To activate a Heart-to-Heart, the characters must have reached at least the required affinity and both be in the active party. Some Heart-to-Hearts can only be accessed at a certain time of day. It also appears to be required that the Heart-to-Heart of a lower affinity must have been activated already, though this may not always be the case. The scene can still be played out even if the characters have a greater affinity than required, and they are never locked out or missable. Some will not activate even with the required affinity until a certain point in the main story has been reached, indicated by a message box rather than the usual title box when attempting to activate.

• Unique sprites and names for all NPCs to make the world feel more alive. ( Thank you GoodSelf for that tip )

• Portraits for main characters during dialog, battles and the menu ( Thank you Moghunter for your awesome plugins )

• A picture achievement system ( but some pictures are in cutscenes ) will you find them all? ( Moghunter is awesome )

• If you don't know what to do next, you can always talk to your fellow party members for help! ( yay, mjshi )

• Resting at Inns will let you be able to talk to your fellow party members about plot things or silly stuff!

• Hehehe, I might have some different endings! I wonder which one you'll get! Hehehehe! Hahahahahaha!

• And I might have an opening... But that'll be one of the last things I do, so you shouldn't care for this one.

By the way, I'm sorry but I'm not sure if the third feature I added is actually considered a "feature"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits
    May be edited throughout progress, but for now...

Yanfly, thanks for making awesome plugins!

Moghunter, also thanks for the awesome plugins!

GALV, thanks for awesome plugins!

姫HIMEWORKS, Yep! Your plugins are awesome!

mjshi too! The plugins are amazing!

Hudell thanks! I like parallax plugin!

SumRndmDde makes cool plugins too!

Ækashics for the super cool monsters!

• whtdragon, I really like those emotion sprites!

• I'd like to thank, Sakagami Souichi for the great music for my not yet done opening!

• And last but not least! Darren Curtis, thanks because you have awesome music!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Guiguimu, Yoraee, Stanley and 3 others like this.
  2. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking nice!
    I love your interior mapping - and don't think that your story is cliche!
    It's all about the characters too, and I think you're going to have a very dynamic cast!
    Maybe you can edit your post with character bios? That would be nice  :D

Kyoku likes this.
  3. Stanley

Stanley Nobody, Joystrike Scientist Veteran

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So glad there's another game where a village in it is not a four-five-houses-sized village, aha. I agree with @GoodSelf, your interior mapping is nice. I do tho kinda want to know more about the game's story and lore, especially that evil. 

Kyoku likes this.
  4. Kyoku

Kyoku Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ummmmm, I added new character and stuff...

Stanley and Marsigne like this.
  5. Stanley

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I actually like your artstyle now. :)
    I'd like to see you and Ayato..I mean Kyoku and Ayato in action. :D

6. Kyoku

Kyoku Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    BREAKING NEWS!!!
    I'm going to be upgrading my maps soon with hopefully prettier parallax ones.
    I also wanted feedback on something that has gone wrong...
    Whenever you go through doors, paths, etc. The camera will zoom and stuff.
    Problem is that, when your not in the center of the screen the camera will just zoom at nothing.
    I COULD fix this, but as you can see in the Silver Leaf Village entry way, my way of fixing this was REALLY bad.
    Would you mind if I didn't fix this?

Marsigne likes this.
  7. Stanley

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you are able to fix it, I'd say fix it. If not, I'd say f* it.

8. Kyoku

Kyoku Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another announcement!:kaohi:
    Okay, I just wanted to update people on some of the reasons my game doesn't update as fast as it should be.
    1. I'm going to be changing the look of all of the characters, probably not Kyoku, but definitely the rest.
    I have made a few characters actually, but they aren't really good, they don't really express the character that they are, so I'ma remake.
    2. HOUSES, this is my biggest struggle, because I can't event things until these stupid houses are done.
    I DID have them done, but that was for my OLD version of the first town, now it's updated and that means I need to update houses too...
    3. I get bored. This doesn't mean I get bored of making games, but more like I get bored of the LOOK of my game and I end up feeling as if my game is terrible, which causes me to do things and change everything about it. I try not to do this often, I'm sorry!
    4. I tend to not work on specific tasks for long periods of time. For example, I dislike working on maps or characters only and this is because if I do I loose interest in everything else, that's why I try to move from one subject to another, which isn't really the best thing to do, not sure.
    5. School... But let's not talk about THAT mess.
    I hope everyone will understand, I've been feeling really bad about my lack of updates, and I hope to develop a beta opening or some other small thing if I have time to make up for my terrible work in progress! SORRY!!!:kaoeh:

Update! Cuz I can't post below myself, I don't think...
    Give special thankies to @Marsigne for great suggestion in new name for my game!:kaojoy:
    So from this day onward there will no longer be Endless Skies, nope!
    Now let us enjoy the wonderful new name of Endless Melodies! This is the part where everyone claps, kidding.

MORE UPDATES!!!
    Art style... Hope no one minds that I might just default both dialogue portraits and battle portraits to a simplistic chibi style. For those who aren't aware since I have probably never said this, my battle portraits use a chibi art style, while my dialog ones use a more... anime-ish? art style. Okay, dialogue portraits take me forever, and that's not good. After thinking about my game as well, I find chibi and simple to fit better in my game, then a kinda... I dunno how to put it, but believe me, this'll help the development big time! Sooo... I'd like feedback about this, okay?:kaoswt2:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  9. Stanley

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Slow and steady ya Kooku. Endless Melodies sounds more magical than Endless Skies

Kyoku likes this.
  10. leenat40

leenat40 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  11. Kyoku

Kyoku Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sad news time:kaocry:
    Endless Melodies will be going on hiatus for a long while to the point where you can just called it discontinued.:kaoeh: If you're wondering why, here's a few points on why I need this to be on long break
    • I had aimed too high, this was like one of my first games ever trying to make and because of that I didn't know the best way to handle things, my game was too messy, I left things too disorganized, and to be honest it's a pain to understand it in a way where I can work with it.
    • Still isn't "me" enough, and that's what I wanted for this game to be, 100% me or at least 75% me plus a few plugins. But considering I use a lot of RTP stuff and plugins for scenes that I don't edit fully, it seems to be just like all other games, and that's not what I want. I want a game to be fully or at least most of my own, and since my game is too messy, it'd be impossible to change anything without breaking something else.
    • I had put too much time into the start, I had made this game in January (I think) and I'm still no where close to eventing cutscenes and the like. Maybe I just didn't handle my time wisely or something, I dunno, but now I have kinda lost interest in the game...
    I know these points are all probably my fault, and I'm so sorry for doing this. Maybe someday I will get back to Endless Melodies and maybe someday I can get a shorter game I'm making currently, as a way to understand the system more, come out with a demo too. I hope I don't disappoint people, and get them to hate me, but I really think this is the best way to make my skills better and it surely won't get any better if I'm just working on a completely messy and bug filled game like Endless Melodies! I'm so sorry, but this game's going to be on hiatus for a while.:kaocry:

12. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    There is a difference between a programmer and a developer. I would say that you are a developer wanting to learn the program.

I would say; yes try to do programming to a degree but stick with what your intention. Try to learn while your building challenging you to understand the mechanics. There will never be a game maker that will let you alter code easily without plugins so why not use the plugins or parts of them and set-up the game you want to make. Download an editing program like GNU and be social on the forums so people will help you out if you are in need.

I do suggest to start small, I did around 5 games before this (all personal for my wife to play, some funny story on our live and a game about a nightmare of my wife etc. etc.). It really helps you to get to know MV and to understand the basics. Watch some explanation videos on youtube and watch the explanation videos of the plugins, don't look at the videos on how they work but if they can do what you want to be implemented in your game! Same for resource editing, look at it as basics wich you can build on.

With my game, I am currently busy trying to do all these changes after making it a 3-hour game (far away from the 15/20-hour story I want though). If you get an understanding of how to implement things and why some things break you will enjoy building a game way more! Been working on my game for almost a year now.

Kyoku likes this.
  13. Stanley

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Kooku, you might have lost a project, but you aren't losing a friend. I guess you should just be steady for now till you're ready.

For my project, I am creating a universe where I want and plan to have stories in the form of RPG's novel, short story, novella, RPG, comic, etc take place, but I'm starting small, I'm making the literature part first. I hope someday I'll be able to work on the stories that are, and should be, in the form of RPG, but I need to get acquainted more with my imagination and passion first.

And I hope someday to see, if not Endless Melodies, a project from you here in the forums. Slowly but surely.

Marsigne and Kyoku like this.
  14. Tsarmina

Tsarmina Resident Redhead ♥ Veteran

First Language:
    Java :P
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just got here and I guess I'm a little late D: I'm sad to hear that you'll be putting this project indefinitely on hiatus too. It's okay though--I totally understand where you're coming from. I think a lot of people end up scrapping their pet projects, since it's easy to become overambitious with what you want to do with it. (I scrapped mine too...and mine was all RTP, too. :< )

If you've lost interest in developing and don't feel any motivation for a while, maybe it's time to take a break/stop. It's always okay to start a new project too :) maybe one day you'll pick this back up and be able to revamp it to polished perfection! I'll be waiting to see your next project :kaohi:cuz it looks like you have a lotta potential! <3

Titris Thrawns, Kyoku and Marsigne like this.