Enelysion: Vol I+II released.

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by PixelLuchi, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Vinedrius

Vinedrius Member Title Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    since you had mentioned game breaking bugs :p in the second map of the Abandoned Shrine, you can jump into water from the south western platform and get stuck.

2. PixelLuchi

PixelLuchi Quiet Pixel Artist Veteran

First Language:
    UK English
    If you do find any more bugs, guys, please screenshot ( and put it in a spoiler tag if there is more than one ) it for me. I have over 200 maps in the game, you know. ;p

And now I am starting to stress. Big time. It seems the big shots over at RMN are thinking of featuring this game, but not now. Please not now... ;_; ( October is The Drop, November will probably be Fey and then they can feature this game for December. Its my birth month. XD  And by then most, if not all bugs will be sorted out. )

3. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This will get featured on RMN? Congratulations for that!

I will replay everything now and will do a big report if I spot any other bugs.

Susan likes this.
  4. PixelLuchi

First Language:
    UK English
    @LCM: Yes, it is a contender for a Featured Game. Which is a good and bad thing. Good in the fact that it means more exposure, bad in the sense that it puts even more pressure on me to make the game as best as I can. Which can also be seen as a good thing, but I can't slip up with stupid mistakes ( the grammar needs to be perfect, there must be no bugs, passability errors etc. )The Featured Games over at RMN are the best of the best, which is saying something ( there are over 5000 games there ). 

As it stands, the game ( in my eyes ) is a rough-edged diamond that needs polishing. I know my capabilities.

Let's do this.

5. Vinedrius

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I wasn't gonna keep posting minor issues but it looks like you will be fixing those as well now that the game is on watch over at RMN so here are a few more. (I can just send PM about the errors I find out from now on if you feel I am flooding your thread.)

[​IMG]
    Leitrin Coast; Passibility issue

[​IMG]
    Leitrin Coast;

1) npc event in the upper circle: the text about signing up for the job is skipped. his brother's text and laine's answer change accordingly but his text is still the same that is shown before signing up.

2) tile error in the lower circle

[​IMG]
    This one is an issue for the whole game. It is not really an inconvenience but still catches my eye every time... Believe me, I tried but it can't be unseen XD You see, her yellow shoulder pad is on her right shoulder according to her sprite and her main bust images that are facing the left side of the screen but since you had just mirrored her bust images for the dialogs, her shoulder pads appear reversed when she is facing the right side of the screen.

[​IMG]
    Fomarian Ruins; Text window error

[​IMG]
    Sakram Valley; I can't walk over the marked tile

[​IMG]
    So'chen Main Outpost; I can walk into these small crates

[​IMG]
    Lothlorien; Passability issue

[​IMG]
    Ulster Caves - East; I can't walk over the marked set of tiles

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  6. RedReno

RedReno Warper Member

I was really excited about playing this game...but I keep getting errors in game saying that it cant find any audio  :(   any help??

7. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

When you unzipped the download, I assume you had an Audio folder and the game exe. After unpacking the exe, move the Audio folder into the game folder.

RedReno likes this.
  8. RedReno

RedReno Warper Member

Haha yeah, I figured this out myself. But thanks  :)

9. Vinedrius

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, this one IS game breaking, I promise :p

When I get in touch with this monster event (Eos Temple);

[​IMG]
    the game crashes:

[​IMG]

10. PixelLuchi

First Language:
    UK English
    Just dropping in to say hi. I will have Ver. 1.2 out by the end of this month. Hopefully, it will be the last version release for a while...

@vinedrai: You can post the bugs in this thread. It will make others aware of possible game-crashing bugs, rather than making a log of all changes, because 90% of all players won't check the first page/original post for updates/bug reports. =) ( though the one you reported was fixed, and it is the only script-related game crash I have encountered so far. Silly thing really, I forgot to add a battleback. )

11. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, this is one beautiful looking game, not to mention fun to play. Congratulations on this awesome release.

Here's a bible of feedback on my playthrough, it's all very nitpicky, but I hope it's not too annoying  and it helps you polish some stuff.

-General comments:

The zip file includes an unnecesary missing log and even more unncecesary temporary file for an open FFXII faq!

You shouldn't be able to sell rare items (bomb fragment, golden doubloons), or at least we should get a very straightforward "this is rare and shouldn 't be sold" warning on its description.

On the same vein, items that can't be bought, like full elixirs, should have ridiculously low selling prices, otherwise they make very tempting cash cows. That's how I got my first Vanguard shield. ;)

Why is the RES stat so hidden? The only place where it appears is on a passive skill and the in battle status.

Imho the bestiary and inventory should undergo some serious database reordering, as they are, they're pretty messy.

The generic "Nothing that catches my eye here." takes, most of the times, two dialogue windows to appear when it could have easily taken one should you have increased window size a smidge.

Why do some areas on the world map require confirmation for entering while others don't?

Imho you should add equipment specifics to their description, such as wheter it increases agility or intelligence. It's very annoying having to buy the equipment in order to find out wheter it actually is better than what we are wearing or not. Sometimes I can't even tell wheter a sword is one or two handed.

Wheter you can save or not in dungeons seems to randomly change from room to room in some areas. That definitely needs to be checked out.

Is Laine using the fortitude spell on an injured Patrick dependant on MP? It happens a lot less often than it used to. Once Pat rejoins after Gorain, Laine'll use it on Cillian(since he's on the second character slot now) when Patrick is injured and crazily enough, they'll both get the benefits from it.

Falaflame's description states that it "deals fire damage to two enemies", when it actually hurts all. Though, I didn't pay much attention to those descriptions, truth be told, so it might not be the only error on them. Or you could remove the option of them being displayed from Yanfly's script.

[​IMG]

Also what's up with those fire icons appearing over the character portraits?(It also happens with ice IIRC)They don't seem to do anything.

Swift, empower and intimidate can be used from the menu.

Some loot traders can buy items from you while others don't it seems to be kind of random.

Sp or Mp? When guarding it calls it Sp, yet the mana bar has an M.

Some skill are VERY overpowered, particularly the Max HP related ones, Mach wave and Reginleif. That one almost one-shotted the final boss. This is obviously related to VX's archaic damage formula. Ever thought about asking someone for a snippet to rewrite it?

Completely random comment, but I wanted to mention that I loved the custom art. Though, it's a pity you couldn't do more. There are a lot of scenes where it would have looked cool. A man can dream...

Comments by area

Opening:

"Fueled by each clans personal desires" Shouldn't it be clans'?

"The Altan period, an event..."Shouldn't it be "was started by an event?"because, as it stands, it sounds like it's both a period and an event. It might be just me, but I found it a little confusing.

Guides:

Each guide uses a different sfx when changing pages. Why?

In the exploration guide you can read "obstavles" on the first page, while in the second new destinations become "avaliable".

In the enemy guide, (titled "battles" once open, for some reason) you talk about four enemy types, yet only explain two. 

Journal:

Some lines cut off due to window size, I think:

Setting off: "The village of Ogham i(s) located near there."

Revelation:"looking for me (I) guess they..."

Desert nomads: "nomads (from) Agara can..."

Cadmus House:

In one of the silverware shelves, Laine claims "It's just a bunch of old tomes...". Why not use a library sprite there?

Clannad's house(inside):

Though the entrance is to the far left, when entering you appear in the middle of the house, better check that teleport event.

Fontaine church:

No matter which of the three exit tiles you use you'll still come out of the left door, not to mention the entrance is three tiles wide on the inside and only two on the outside.

McGregor:

A little nitpicky, but shouldn't there be some corpses or skeletons on an abandoned town where most of its citizens were killed?

Sangreal Trader's Inc:

This is really weird and it only happens here and with that specific item, but if you try to sell the Vitas ring on the loot trader:

[​IMG]

Landen:

Rich house(2nd floor): In the beauty books description:"Owner seems quite narcissic."Shouldn't it be narcissistic?

Waterway management+quest: The waterway dialogue can be reapeated, you get several keys. Exiting and re-entering the waterway respawns enemies, while escaping from battles kills them. Is this intentional? I talked to the Slime Boss from the right side, yet Patrick's sprite appeared from the left, obviously you assumed, we'll talk to it from that side.

Main quest: Something similar to the Slime Boss happened with the Misterious Informant Dude, I talked to him from below, so when Laine and Patrick were talking, she was looking down and Patrick, who was to her left, up. 

Silly nitpicky thing: if 1000 k counts as travelling expenses, how could 4000 be considered a huge sum?

Pan forest:

The chest with the fortitude potion in the healing spring has a text window telling you got an item instead of Modern Algebra's popup...why?

Manster cave:

I don't have to explain why such a punilicious name is not a good idea, do I?

Emerald entity enemy has vampire notes, a leftover sample from a Yanfly demo, I'm assuming. 

Like many others, I missed THAT ONE switch in this cave, the darkness overlay obscures it quite a bit, I recommend doing something to it so it doesn't blend in with the background.

Landen, again:

If you enter town after Cillian and Siglud join, Laine will get automatically teleported to the Dirty dog (only happens once).

Why do I have to speak with Krei before the event with Phillip triggers? After all his parents also mention it.

Gorain:

The fact that Laine doesn't comment on any object when you press the action button is too noticeable, it makes the town seem an afterthought when compared to Landen.

The mayor's house is called abandoned residence on the menu's location name. 

Giving an elixir to Pat can only be done the first time you talk to him, after talking the first time, I sold some stuff and bought one, but it didn't give me a second chance...had to reload from a previous save. Also, does it do anything?, nothing seems to change wheter I do it or not. 

The cutscene with Patrick after you defeat the bandits can be replayed by talking to the mayor again, also some kid at the inn still asks if Laine is going to defeat the bandits.

Lidgetton:

The town can't be entered if you walk over it from the south.

I did the quest here before going to Caimhill, suffice to say I didn't understand much of the dialogue. Also, the wolf fight was awesome: the first two times, it kicked my ass, the third, using the power of strategy, I won without getting a scratch on me. :D

Laine tells the mayor "Your welcome" after he thanks her for killing the wolf.

How do you make the special potions the herbalist mentions?Selling the items?

Camhaill:

The spoony bar has one entrance and two exit doors

Eliezer:"Even before she left, her affection for from here to out that door..."Uhhh what?

Sakram valley:

Revive isn't affected by sunstroke induced silence.

The second spring is one time only, it dissapears afterwards. Is it intentional?

Lothlorien: 

If you exit and re-enter the first screen, after you open the path, the music goes back to the original one.

Masked man: "The(re) isn't a place in Tairngire..."

Eos temple:

Two doors outside, three inside on the entrance. The same on the room after the boss.

Relyt: 

...or Relyl? Different places in town have the name differently written.

The masked man keeps talking about you being sent to Eos even after you return.

Lidgetton, again:

I can't enter Fergus house anymore, for some reason.

[​IMG]

The herbalist's brother that wanders around town seems to be missing, too.

Varva:

The first time I talked to the Doubloon trader, he was carrying a Wind spear, afterwards, he wasn't anymore.

The inn has two entrances and one exit. Also, when exiting, you appear two tiles to the left of the door.

The item shop has one entrance, two exits too. Not to mention you also exit it two tiles to the left.

Ulaid:

After opening the chest on the first screen, if you exit and re-enter, it'll be locked again, though unopenable.

-Redundancy

While, I'm no expert in english, one thing I've noticed is that you tend to repeat some words a little too often. Some of them felt a little redundant to me. Though I'm not sure, I'll post here some examples I could catch...

Opening:

"*Once* divided into many *clans*, Tairngire was *once* (...)*fueled* by each *clans*(...)an event *fueled*"

"...between what is right and what is *easy*(...) will not be an *easy* one.."

Guide:

Exploration, second page"...travelling merchants that *dot* the..." and "...Cristals *dotted* through..."

Sagreal Trader's Inc:

Adventurer's garb description: "*with a* warrior's vest in hand, *with a*..."

The dirty dog:

During the first quest:"Ogham has *recently* been plagued from a *recent* outbreak..."

I didn't take notes of it, but after returning from Ogham during the leaving scene, the butler refers to Laine and Patrick as "you two" at least three times, two of them in a row, IIRC.

Gorain:

After bandits when Laine and Pat chat: "maybe we should stop on *the town of Camhaill*(...)she lives in *the town of Camhaill"

- Graphical issues:

Originally, I was gonna post the passability pics right here, but I caught so many, I decided to rar them, I hope you won't mind :S

http://www.mediafire.com/download/397oypqaz0sea2m/Graphical_bugs.rar

A couple of the pics need clarification:

It's missing the bottom half

These mounds of dirt have a very erratic passability. Just after this there's whole bunch of them that can be walked over.

Wrong perspective here, IMO, and how I think it should look.

Was this shorcut on purpouse or an oversight?

This actually happens with all chairs, but I only noticed it here.

The tile below Laine is impassable for no apparent reason.

I don't get the perspective on the left circled area.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  12. Carillon Nightmares

Carillon Nightmares One-Man Operation Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How did I not notice this until now? *downloads and closes ace*

'Sorry game, you're being put off for a few hours'

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  13. Redeye

Redeye Chronicles Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So... I downloaded the game... to get this freaking mess of a game folder...

[​IMG]

What the hell? This isn't even a GAME folder! Everything in the typical one is missing, I even followed the audio instructions, and all I get is this...

[​IMG]

I am disappointed. I thought I could enjoy this game right away if it weren't for this. But this is way too complicated. Fix this.

14. Carillon Nightmares

First Language:
    English
    Well I can't even get past the outhouse and I can't seem to progress any further. I don't have time for stuff that's broken. :(

Your game would be great if it wasn't broken.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
  15. PixelLuchi

First Language:
    UK English
    @Redeye: Er... do you even have RMVX  installed on your PC? :\ The game won't run without it.

@Rimmintine: Where are you stuck? Perhaps I can help you.

As for everyone else, I did not make this decision lightly but...

The next release will be unencrypted. So for those of you who have RMVX, you will be able to open up the game and well... fix anything that needs fixing on your side ( and see how I did all the maps in the game. Because it is not parallaxed, the maps tend to look exactly as is, with some obvious exceptions like tints and weather effects ). I just want you all to know that Enelysion was my first serious game that developed into this semi-large-scale project. I did not visualise it becoming this popular back in 2011. So naturally, there is a bit of disorganisation with the inventory and such. I didn't do advanced planning for this ( a first for most first-time projects, we tend to 'go with the flow' ) so things do tend to get a bit messy.

That's all I wanted to say for now. The next release is scheduled for the end of the month.

Dalph likes this.
  16. Redeye

Redeye Chronicles Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't want to waste my time downloading a useless software that i'm never going to use. I just want to play the game, but this just makes it harder to do anything.

17. Vinedrius

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Luchino meant VX RTP (Run Time Package), not the software itself since it isn't free to download anyway and probably, it wouldn't take more time to download it following the links on the main page and copy/pasting the content of the zip archive to the game folder than checking the forum page and making a post, tbh :D Admittedly though, it could have been included in the game folder as an option.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
  18. Nirwanda

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just noticed that there was an 1.1 version, and wanted to mention that my feedback was based of version 1.0, before the bosses were buffed.

19. Carillon Nightmares

First Language:
    English
    -The well I'm missing pieces of wood and can't continue

-I sold the bomb fragment and can't get past the lady and still don't have the crystal

-The game won't let me go anywhere else but the beginning villages

It's amazing the guy has millions of waterway keys in his pockets!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
  20. Nirwanda

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Since, I'm still around, let me answer that:

- Did you check every barrel and container in the area? I actually finished that area with one plank to spare.

- The bomb fragment isn't a necessity, it just opens a store where you can buy some temporary buff items that you, more than likely, will never need.

- Did you check the journal? It gives clear directions of where to go next. But if you need it, the opening sequence goes like this: Laine's house-->Landen temple(Pat joins your party)-->Dirty dog bar(You're told to met a man)-->abandoned house in SW Landen (both the journal and in game dialogue tell you to go here)--> DD bar again-->Pan forest south of Landen.