Enelysion: Vol I+II released.

Strict_Gryphon90

Break Dancing Ninja
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, this looks amazing. I have downloaded it and will be giving it a whirl soon.

KnowingEyes

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really only have one question:  Were elixirs meant to be free (buyable yet unsellable)?  This really makes every other healing-type item obsolete and an immediate commodity for cash.  Of course, one could simply ignore the elixirs being sold for more "fair" gameplay.

By the way - I have seen some games [using XP/VP/++ Maker] on *Steam* that pale in comparison to this.   Great work!

Shelby

Diva
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I watched the video, is just the video laggy or is the gameplay laggy? I know if too much is going on screen it can cause this but there are a few anti lag scripts out there.

Necromus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Games doesn't lag while playing, most videos of RPGmaker gameplay do however.

Last edited by a moderator:

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Agreed, it seems there is a lack of harmony between most video recorders and RPG Maker games. I've found that Bandicam works the best (at least for me) but you are limited in the free version versus the purchased.

In any case, playing this on my Windows 7 laptop, I did not encounter very much lag (if any).

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
No, game lag is non-existent.

@amerk: I stumbled across your review over at vxa.net. Quite sure Addit and nhubi covered the bugs in their reviews over at RMN ( my current hideout ) as well, but I appreciate it all the same. And yes, the game is quite... underappreciated. Seems the kids nowadays are too obsessed with pretty parallaxed maps and fancy battle systems with amazing HUDs and fully animated sprites. :\

The whole game will be released in its entirety on the 22nd of September. But I'd imagine only the folks at RMN really give a damn. Yes, I have become rather bitter towards this site as of late.

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wait, whole as in both parts? Sweet!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just wanted to take a moment to say that I really enjoyed the first chapter of your game.   You've done a really good job with it, only really saw a few minor issues but since you said most people have pointed out the bugs I won't bother repeating them.    It's definitely an unforgiving game at times, but that's not a bad thing.    I enjoyed the story and am looking forward to seeing more of it.

Edit:  Wish I was as good at mapping as you are, the layout of the areas is very well done.    Usually anything I put together is very drab in comparison.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Wait, whole as in both parts? Sweet!
Yes, both Vol I and II will be released next month. I doubt I could have done it without the guys over at RMN. They really are quite inspirational. =)

byrdbones

Ren
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't think I ever saw this before, this is really awesome. I can tell you put an incredible amount of work into this.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Double whammy.

Currently 11 and a half hours though.

Bestiary is done.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
The game is finally completed, but there are still a few bugs being reported over at RMN. The game is unencrypted.

Full game stats:

12-15 hours of gameplay.

300+ detailed, non-parallaxed maps.

Vibrant atmosphere and sound.

50+ custom music tracks.

100+ items.

90 foes.

Download link.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2985/downloads/6194/

Game updates can be found here: I'm more active there, so yeah.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2985

Current fixes:

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 And yes, the game is quite... underappreciated. Seems the kids nowadays are too obsessed with pretty parallaxed maps and fancy battle systems with amazing HUDs and fully animated sprites. :\
That's games nowadays in general it seems. Too much emphasis on graphics and not enough on actual storytelling. For what it's worth your maps have greatly inspired my own.

Anyhoo keep up the good work!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well, that's the new generation kids for you. anyway, looking forward to trying this one out. XD

Kyriaki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Whooaa!! Where have I been, kinda dropped off of the RPG Maker scene cause of work and all that but wow this is amazing! Kinda late but congrats on getting all this done, it's definitely a masterpiece! Will most certainly be sinking my teeth into this in my spare time. :rock-right:

PencilCase27

So, I can write anything I want here... right?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Imma little bit confused. The link in the original post seems to be broken. The post you provided 4 days ago contains a game, 3 map datas, and a link to another update, that contains a whole database.

Do I need to download all of this and put it together manually or is the current download link always up to date?

Anorak

Concealed Always.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The game looks awesome and definitely worth a try. The art and screenshots you've provided are really impressive.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just found a huge game-breaker in Relyt's Abode. In the shop, there are Elixirs for zero Koruna, essentially a free giveaway of free full health and mana.

If it's intentional, then that would be very baffling to me.

This is in Vol 1.

ladymischief

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm feeling a little stupid, but near the beginning the bartender sends me to go talk to the informant in the shed in the village. So I go there and he says he won't talk to anyone but Laine, She says that's her....and the convo ends. Don't know if I triggered something I wasn't supposed to, I've already explored everywhere explore-able and did the waterworks area.  It seemed to be tied to the main quest-line and I can't continue any further. So am I missing something or did I break something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think in the pursuit of making the game look and sound custom, we never really start making a game. Finish the game first using all necessary plugins (with placeholder assets), then replace it with the real ones.

I haven't finished a game, but I try this method. Progress seems to be faster. :D
Every now and then I think about all the things I need in my project, and get overwhelmed. Just focus on your tilesets, me. You can't build your maps without 'em!
If a picture speaks 1000 words, how many pictures does a video speak??
I don't really get the "Pass Interference" Flag in (American) Football. Aren't you SUPPOSED to interfere with passes in Defense?? What exactly is the threshold that warrants a Flag?
TS Zeta.. blow your ass east... I cant take a round 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parttimerpgmaker