Enelysion: Vol I+II released.

RobbieLA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, downloaded and completed this recently!

Along the way I did suffer a few minor technical difficulties, such as a cutscene not triggering correctly and one or two missing graphics, but altogether this was definitely worth playing. You kept my interest for about seven hours of recorded playtime (but that's not counting the times I might have failed horribly and had to reload).

I'm glad I played through it and best of luck with your future projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm feeling a little stupid, but near the beginning the bartender sends me to go talk to the informant in the shed in the village. So I go there and he says he won't talk to anyone but Laine, She says that's her....and the convo ends. Don't know if I triggered something I wasn't supposed to, I've already explored everywhere explore-able and did the waterworks area.  It seemed to be tied to the main quest-line and I can't continue any further. So am I missing something or did I break something?
I have this bug too..

RobbieLA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you're looking for a way to fix that bug, I'd recommend opening the project file itself and creating a transfer event straight to the cutscene. Luckily the game is unencrypted, so you can just jump into it and make a small addition to fix this problem.

RobbieLA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That would probably be simpler, but oh well. Either way it's worth a play.

ladymischief

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Didn't know there was a patch, I had downloaded the lastest link, but didn't see the patch download at the bottom.  Thank you!

zwayne990

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hello is their anyone knew if their is a update for Enelysion Red Dawn???

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Kept meaning to try this game for some time now and got a bit of feedback. I know that the game is complete and you'll probably not be adding any more changes, but if my suggestions can at least help you out in your next project, then I've done my job. Also I apologise in advance if a lot of the feedback sounds negative. I'm just giving my honest opinion.

Firstly, in regard to your opening post, I'd personally recommend you not to slag off other creative works in your game description. It's very unprofessional. So my suggestion is to remove that bit about the one-winged angel, but it's all up to you.

Anyways, on to the game.

The intro was a bit of an info dump. It just started talking about the backstory and all that, which should really be saved for later and introduced in more interesting ways. Showing rather than telling is much more engaging. Also, for an intro like that where you can't skip each text box, it would've been nice to make the whole thing skippable, at least for those players who decide to replay the game.

I could tell right away that you've put a lot of work into the visuals. Visually the game does look stunning. The mapping is great and the menu look and the icons are very nice-looking as well. However, I found the text size to be a bit too small. Or maybe it was the font. But in general it was a bit painful to read it.

There are a lot of locations accessible at the start. I see a lot of towns and villages and too many NPCs to talk to. I personally found the game to be painfully slow at the start. There was not enough action and no story hook at all. Like the first 40 minutes I was just walking around the entire continent and looking first for the church and second for the pub, which brings me to another point. The quest journal doesn't make anything clear at all. I didn't even know the Dirty Dog was a pub, since it never mentioned it. It could've been any place in any town. The third quest says for us to meet a stranger in 'that' storage room. I was confused there since it didn't specify which storage room. Luckily it was within the same town, otherwise I would've spent ages looking for it. My personal suggestion is to make instructions in the quest journal clearer, especially for a semi-open world game like this.

As I mentioned above, there wasn't really any story hook at the start, and all the characters felt quite one-dimensional. They all speak as though they're reading lines off from a script and so the dialogue doesn't really sound natural. I really couldn't relate myself to the plot or to the main character. The only emotion she ever shows is angst, which starts to get annoying after some time.

The music is very nice. I'd say I enjoyed every track I've heard so far. They really do provide some nice atmosphere. Was the music custom-made for the game or was it from royalty-free sites?

Now onto the battles and game mechanics.

I noticed in some of the earlier posts people were saying that battles were very difficult. I am guessing you must've lowered the difficulty since then, so kudos on that. I found the combat to be balanced fine in terms of difficulty. The battle animations were kind of slow. It would've been nice to have them go by a bit faster. One thing that annoyed me about the battles is how random the weaknesses and resistances of enemies were. Like why is the common forest wasp immune to fire? Or mushrooms that are immune to fire and cold? They just didn't make any logical sense. And when I check the resistances in the enemy info, I am greeted by some confusing icons with no explanation as to what they mean. What does the yellow icon mean, what of red and blue? It was only much later I realised that red must be the weaknesses, and I am still not sure.

The MP of both characters is way too low. I run out of it after every battle and there are too few restorative items, each of which restores very little amount. I ended up using basic Attack as Laine most of the time, because I couldn't afford to use my skills, and because it was less of a gamble as far as enemy resistances were concerned.

Also, is there any way to undo the assigned points when upgrading my characters' attributes? I noticed as soon as I put in a point, it gets set in stone and I can't remove it in case I made a mistake.

That's about it. I played for about 2 hours. The game is not bad. At the very least it's quite polished and I didn't come across any major bugs, but it didn't really jump at me. Visuals and music were good points. Combat was average. And story and characters weren't interesting at all. I might play some more of the game, just to see more pretty maps and listen to the in-game music, but I really couldn't get into the story at all.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think she visits this site anymore, anyone wishing to get a response should probably post their feedback in her rmn page.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm. Any reason why she stopped coming here?

I'll post on RMN then.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
Updated the OP with the Redux version link.

Ding-Ding

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
How to pass the Eos Temple puzzle?

4) As you head further up into the East Passage, you will find some little wooden boards that were triggered when you activated those pressure switches in the tiny chamber. 

I can't find so-called wooden boards :(

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
You need to head into a tiny chamber to the south of that passage. You will then come across two statues that need to be moved onto pressure switches. Iirc, the statue on the left has to be moved onto the pressure plate on the right, and vice versa. You need to use Shift+Z to pull the statues towards you.

The wooden boards will then trigger in the next room.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Luchino, I've been following this game while you were working on it relatively early on; I know you are on rpgmaker.net to so Idk when or if you'll see this but I figured I would leave my thoughts on the game anyway from what I've played. 

Positives:

-The game is beautiful everything looks gorgeous and the beauty isn't limited to visuals it also sounds amazing with plenty of wonderful tracks. Also love all the artwork you did, stuff like that really makes a game more unique.

-I enjoyed the switch-up on male and female stereotypes pat is a male healer and Laine a female mercenary. Laine reminds me of Lightning from FF XIII a bit except unlike lightning she shows she still has a bit of a feminine side in how she feels about Pat. Pat is tough in an emotional way, he follows his cause absolutely even foregoing his romantic feelings for Laine. This strength is a bit of a surprise that I initially didn't expect Pat to have.

-Character Development is fun due to being able to assign stat boosting points and characters have different weapon styles to choose from.

-Over-all battles are fairly enjoyable and not overly difficult or overly easy most of the time.

-It was nice to see hunts and sidequests kind of reminded me of FF XII.

Negatives:

-Early on in one of the forests the movement speed slows down; I wasn't really sure what that was about. Was that intentional? There don't seem to be any other places like that in the game so It seems out of place and really isn't explained why it happens.

-You have an issue with explaining things too little, there was one part where I was on one continent and the characters said I needed to go to some forest I've never heard of before. I thought at first it was on that same continent and I missed it or hadn't found it yet, so I spent 20-30 minutes trying to find it. Turns out the forest was located on another continent across the bridge that was broken at the start of the game. The problem is how as the player am I going to know where this forest is if I've never heard of it before or if I'm not told that the bridge can be traveled across now.

-There is also a problem with some scenes playing out when they shouldn't, there is a staff you can get for pat that triggers a conversation between Pat and Laine, this conversation will trigger even when Pat isn't in the party. Also when you talk to one of the guys on the beach where the hunt area is he sees that sword that Laine gets earlier in the game (that rare one that lets her attack twice) and comments on it or gives her an item (I can't remember what exactly happens), this

happens even after the sword has been removed from your inventory as part of the story.

-This one is about the characters, I have no issues with Laine, Pat is nicely made with his back story, personality and characterization but he gets removed from the party twice and is gone for a good chunk of the game; this kind of made me not care about him too much and think of him as useless. I liked Cilan in battle but his personality is a bit standard, I guess he is more the straight-man type to Siguld's comedy-man. Siguld seems like he tries too hard to be funny or goofy sometimes and in battle I found him almost useless, he misses a lot, is slow and has weak magic attacks. With Pat gone for such a length of time I kind of felt there should have been another character to fill his place, perhaps another female that Laine could talk to about stuff she couldn't talk to with the guys.

-I experienced the glitch where Pat doesn't rejoin the party at the cathedral; this annoyed me a lot something like that is a pretty major bug. I went to download the patch but it takes me to a strange page where there doesn't actually seem to be any download for the patch. I'm not sure if I can progress without Pat but even if I could it would probably make the game more difficult. Also if completing the game without Pat is easy enough to do why is Pat in the party at all? Shouldn't he be vital to my success in the game?

This is as far as I got the whole bug with Pat soured what was for the most part an enjoyable game. You obviously have talent for this sort of thing especially for the visual aspects but I feel you need to focus on polish more for the total gaming experience. I hope to see more from you in the future, best regards Vox Novus. 

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi i really like the look of this game, and the artwork is amazing, I will download right now and try it out will probably upload some footage via youtube :)

Jellysaur

A Penny a Dozen.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just finished this game. Thank you for the effort! It's amazing. Looking forward to your new game. :)  

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
A very delayed update, but I've added a patch for the game to the original topic. I only realised now I didn't add in the patch. >< It fixes a couple of game play issues.

I've also hit a milestone. 7K downloads at RMN! :D  Not bad at all, since it was released less than two years ago.

Also, I know the game is complete, but turning this into a commercial venture is something I've been thinking of for a long, long time. It's a project that is very dear to me ( working on a game for 4+ years would do that to you ) and sharing it beyond the RM community seems like a good way to broaden my horizons as well as getting my feet wet in the dog-eats-dog commercial world. It will probably mean rewriting the plot, fixing up some glaring game play issues and, worst of all, at least for me, trying to replace the entire OST ( because licensing the music would cost me a pretty penny; somewhere in the region of $10,000 ><, so I'd have to look elsewhere, like here, for music ) without compromising its Celtic vibe. Graphics is something I've never struggled with ( the game mainly uses VX-Mack tiles with some custom edits of my own )

and the maps ( where I've gotten my biggest rep from ) are fine as is.

Reese

Wretched Art Prince
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, end of story... I'm playing this right now :D

Y2J1014

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
Other
Feels like a great game
Already downloaded and ready to experience the game
Thank you for sharing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?
RPG Maker MZ demo -project with some new features:
I don't really have a use for this guy, I just wanted to build a plague doctor.

Join us for a session of the new update starting at 3PM EST! There will be a Steam code giveaway! Click here!
Aerosys wrote on ASUG0's profile.
I'm glad you like my Avatar!

I made it with VX Ace like 7 years ago :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anansi