Sgt.Dude

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to make the enemies use skills. I know how to give them skills, but they just don't use them.
What I'm having trouble with is that i have a certain fight where I want the enemy to use a certain skill on turn 1, then another specific one on turn 2 and so on... So i go in the ''Action pattern'' in the Enemies tab with my specific enemie selected, then I choose the skill, put a rating then check the turn box and put 1 +50 so that he would only use this skill on turn 1 and 51 (which I don't expect to happen I just want him to use this skill once).
Problem is, the guy just stands there and takes the actors attack without doing anything.
How can I make him use the skills i gave him?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show me a screenshot of how you have your enemy set up?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Make sure the enemy has the MP (or TP) to spend on the skill. Enemies have to also spend the same cost on the skill as the players do, so if they can't because the MP cost is too high, or they don't have the TP, they will not use the skill.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, read the help file on ratings - the enemy will only choose attacks from the highest rating and two numbers below.
You use conditions to activate and deactivate skills with high ratings, but if the highest rating has no conditions it will always based on that number for example.

We need to see a screenshot of the enemy page with the enemy data to offer better help.

Sgt.Dude

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
upload_2017-2-23_15-24-11.png

Alright so here's what you've all been waiting for. As you guys can see, in the traits section I made sure he could use magic and special skills and I even added the skills I want him to be able to use just in case. I gave him plenty of MP so that's not a problem. Finally, in the action patterns you can see that he should use the ''Offensive Charkra'' on turn 1 and 51 and use ''Defensive Chakra'' on turn 2 and 52. I want to continue that list with other skill but seeing those 2 should make you guys understand what I want to happen.
Strangely enough, when i went into battle testing, he used the ''Offensive Chakra'' skill on his second turn and never used the ''Defensive Chakra'' skill. Even when putting those 2 skill at the same rating it doesnt change anything.
1 thing that I thought might be the problem was that when someone uses the offensive chakra, only then is the defensive chakra skill unlocked. I decided to remove this feature but still nothing changed.
Hope I'm not making a fool out of myself by missing something insignificant XD

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure what's causing the issue here: I made a test enemy set to the same conditions (though with 1*10 and 2*10 instead of 50 to make it quicker to test) and although they did start the actions on turn 2 instead of 1 (I'm going to have to look into that to see if the default battle script actually does have a bug with turn conditions) they did use both in succession and repeated the pattern on turn 11. Can you show me how you have the skills themselves set up?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sgt.Dude Skill types and skill traits have absolutely no function for enemies, they go exclusively by attack pattern.
And please, make your screenshots with the PrtScrn-button of your keyboard and not with a mobile camera - that photo of your screen is almost unreadable.

Please give us screenshots of those two skills as well so that we can see what they need.

@Trihan In Ace, there was a "turn 0" for setup actions to allow a troop event to run before any battleaction takes place - perhaps that was moved to turn 1 on MV?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar The tooltip for the turn option does specify that 'turn 0' has no effect in the settings for enemy attack patterns. You can still do turn 0 on MV in troop events.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Belphegor