RMMV Enemies and Allies +MP after every instant action?

dsap

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I've hit a wall and google did not help me.

I am trying to find a way that makes it so that every "instant action" the player takes will restore MP to everyone in the battle, including allies and enemies, but not the user. Regardless of the type of action taken. Specifically immediate actions and not turns, States that grant MP regeneration are not working for Yanflys instant actions or the Action Times +. Nor do troop events that rely on turns.

In this battle system nearly every action is instant cast, lacking a traditional initiative.

Ideally, every action, including using items, would end up something like this;
1. Player selects action/skill (attack, potion, fireball, cure, guard, etc)
2. Player selects target (typical sword attack, single enemy, self, ally, allies, enemies multiple etc)
3. The user pays MP, the intended action triggers, and possibly gains TP.
4. Then, hopefully as part of the same action, the MP of everyone increases, except for the user.

Any advice on how to make this as easy as possible? because the process will be applied broadly to every action the player takes in the game.

Again, thank you for your time. Edit; Rpgmaker MV

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

dsap

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To anyone who googles my problem:
I created a Yanfly action sequence that called a common event as part of the finish of the action sequence.
The common event grants everyone (enemies and allies) the desired amount of MP. Instead of a variable, I created multiple events to give myself better control of which skill calls what.
Then, the action sequence removes the free mp granted from the user.
It creates a sort of... visual jitter that I'm not fond of. Like the user gains the mp then immediately loses it. But until my JS skills improve I can live with it.

This wasn't meant to be a plugin request, I figured it could be solved through the engine itself, but I had to use action sequences to do it.

The thread can be closed, thanks.

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think it would be easy to script. There's a "invoke normal action" function that triggers on every skill/item use, and it stores the user. If you're at all handy with javascript you could have some code come off the end of that function that restores MP to all battlers except the user.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry, lot of unexpected hospital things. I'm trying. Life is hectic atm. I know it must seem like I say this every week. XD Anybody wanna trade me for awhile so I can game test and game make?
I love running events, I hate setting up all the awards at the end. >_> But you know, gotta do it :B :B :B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lookdownfromthesky