Enemies attack themselves or don't attack at all

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Beminfire, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm currently working on an RPG in MV but I'm having trouble getting the enemies to actually attack the hero characters (Making the battles VERY easy). Whenever it's the enemy's turn to attack, they do one of three things:
    - Do nothing (most likely)
    - Attack themself (second most likely)
    - Actually attack one of the characters (extremely rare)
    These are my current plugins: (I think maybe I should get rid of some :kaoswt2:)

And if it has to do with the enemies themselves somehow, here's a screenshot:

I've tested it myself by disabling certain plugins and I know for a fact that it is not Battle Engine Core, Terrax Lighting, Gamejolt API, EnemyBook or Gameus Quest System.
    If I'm not giving enough information I'll gladly tell you more.
    Thanks.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    have you tested if the skill work in a completely new project without any plugin?

That said, what we need here is a screenshot of the attack skill used by the enemy - and please, don't crop the skill screenshot like you did with the enemy screenshot - the IDs are very important here.

3. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    The skill they are using is usually the normal attack.

(Yes, there are quite a few joke attacks/enemies in there. :kaopride:)

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    With those settings, it has to be something caused by your plugins - nothing there could prevent the enemies from attacking regularly.
    There are a few settings that might have caused this (like using a skill with a MP cost but not having MP will force a wait), but none of them are in the skill in your case.

So whatever is causing it, it has to be something in your plugins - you have to disable them one after another to find the responsible plugins.
    And remember: if you disable a plugin, you need to start a new game as loading a saved gamefile will also load the wrong plugin settings (which are for a game with the plugin active).
    And you need to do that after each change in active plugins...

Beminfire likes this.
  5. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    I see. I'll start going through the plugins one by one to see which one it is I guess. Thanks for helping, Andar.

6. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I fixed it - surprisingly, the problem was caused by an ability I was using that caused a state similar to Confusion.
    You can close the thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.