Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys!

I'm having an issue with battles where each enemy attacks twice. However, the first set of attacks are like "ghost hits" where the enemies remain static. Once the series of "ghost hits" cycles, the enemies will then animate and attack again, dealing twice the damage to my actors. I'm wanting to turn this off, and just have one normal attack per enemy. Anyone know a fix for this? I would be extremely grateful.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default enemies do not animate. Are you using plugins? If so, I recommend you share screenshot(s) of your Plugin Manager so people know which plugins you're using.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is my Plugin Manager, with all of the plugins I currently use.

I'm aware that enemies don't animate by default, which is probably what is happening - doubling up default attacks with animated ones. However, I don't understand why that would happen, nor how to fix it.

Ps. I also added a screen grab of the enemy page in the database. This little bugger is one of them that is giving me problems.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    212.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    166 KB · Views: 16

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the order of your yanfly plugins is wrong, and those plugins are known for causing strange effects if placed in the wrong order.

please correct the order, it has to be the one on yanfly's main list top to bottom
then start a new game and check if the error is still there.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have followed Yanfly's suggested plugin order, and tried a new game. The problem persists. I then tried to completely close Maker and reopen to see if that helped. Unfortunately, it did not.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    381.4 KB · Views: 9

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have followed Yanfly's suggested plugin order, and tried a new game. The problem persists. I then tried to completely close Maker and reopen to see if that helped. Unfortunately, it did not.
Disable the first half of your plugins and see if you still have an issue. If you do, it's in the other half. Continue to narrow them down by halves until you find the plugin that's causing it.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I took your advice. I disabled top half then bottom half. After a lot of errors popping up from conflicts, I'm pretty sure it's something with the action sequence set (all three). If I turn them all off, then it's just the regular 1 attack per enemy without animations. When I turn them back on, I get double again (1 static, 1 animated).

The attack skill I have equipped to my enemies is the same that is applied to my actors, as just sequenced the RTP attack skill. I believe that is what's causing the conflict. I've attached my attack code.

Code:
Skill #1 will be used when you select
the Attack command.

<setup action>
display action
immortal: targets, true
</setup action>
<target action>
if user.attackMotion() !== 'missle'
 move user: targets, front, 20
else
perform start
end
zoom: 125%, 30
camera screen: target, front center, 30
camera focus: target, front center, 30
wait for movement
motion attack: user
wait: 10
attack animation: target
wait for animation
action effect
</target action>

IguanaGuy

Developing Tales of Wolfbeard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would put animated sv battlers plugin ABOVE the 3 action sequence ones.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried this, and I thought it had fixed it as my first battle was corrected, but then it went right back to doubling attacks.

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is causing the issue, but your <finish action> Stuff </finish action> is missing in your post.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is incorrect, according to Yanfly's list. As Andar said above, the instructions from Yanfly are to put the plugins exactly in this order to avoid unexpected behavior.

I've attached my attack code.
It's not what's causing this error, but you misspelled "missile" so the battler will always move to the target.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone. Sorry, I haven't responded in a few days. Been exhausted from my IRL job. I'm going to go run a few errands, and Ill get back to trying everything when I'm done.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not what's causing this error, but you misspelled "missile" so the battler will always move to the target.
Yeah... I was really tired and missed that lol

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so to update: I believe I have solved the mystery. I had some troops set up, and decided to delete those enemies and change the images. I thought it would delete all of the data from the troop section, but I guess it kept the battle data intact. So, I was essentially getting hit by enemies that were no longer visible due to a lack of artwork.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes - as a general rule, deleting something in one place will not remove references to it in other places in your database. You need to be very careful about deleting database entries once you've started making your game.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes - as a general rule, deleting something in one place will not remove references to it in other places in your database. You need to be very careful about deleting database entries once you've started making your game.
Well, I removed them directly from troop tab on the database, instead of deleting them completely. I figured that would take out everything regarding the enemies, including the "fight data". Still unsure of the logic that's there, but this seems to be working.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when I am listening to another instructor teach and I am thinking…I have been doing this for almost 30 years…I know this material…I teach this material…and you are confusing the crap out of me…let alone the students. What the actual $&@#! are you talking about? :eek:
Help me make a choice. Which one makes more sense?
A. Range style 1.pngDiamond shape
B.Range style 2.png Square shape
I created a skill that can only be used if there are enemies within the player's range. When the player's range is 2, which one do you think is more appropriate to describe the range area?
Just once I would like to see some innocent person stumble upon a body in a crime show and instead of scream they sigh and just say, "Found another one."
Can we get like a RPGM VXA Pro edition with all the limits gone!!
I drew @TheoAllen 's Cecilia~

yVLlTmK.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xSeggy