enemies calls for help

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by diklazam, Sep 9, 2019.

1. diklazam

diklazam Villager Member

First Language:
    hebrew english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I know how to do it but I don't know how to calculate the MHP power so I would not kill the enemy before it has a chance to call
    back up - more enemies to help him.
    I need to know the calculation because each time my hero getting stronger I need to make the enemy strnger as well.
    Can somebody let me know how? for example usually at level 10 the enemy should have 700 mhp.
    something like that so I can calculate myself,
    thanks.
    dikla

2. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I did not do it myself but i read on the Forums that you would give Immunity to Death State, than you manualy Check after each
    Turn if HP of Enemy is 1 or less or something like that. Than you call for backup and manualy Kill the Enemy.
    Thatway you dont need to worry about the HP or Max HP or any other stuff as far as i can understand this problem.

3. Animebryan

Animebryan Feels like I'm slowly dying! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. diklazam

diklazam Villager Member

First Language:
    hebrew english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Animebryn - thanks I will try it.

5. Halno

Halno Villager Member

First Language:
    Pt/Eng
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tried to do what Bex suggested and it did in fact, not work. If i dealt enough damage to warrant a kill instantly, the event would not be triggered.

However, one thing you could do is make two of the same enemy - one with very high health, and the one you actually want to use.

What you do then, is initially start out with the high health enemy, lets say that your original enemy has 1000 HP and calls help when he is under 200 HP, well, that means that he has lost 800 HP before he has calls, lets play safe and say that 800 HP is 1% of your high health enemy's max health, that way, your high health enemy has a total of 80000 HP.
    Now what you do is quite simple, you just check if your high health enemy is under 99% health. if it is, that means he has taken at least 800 points of damage, and that he should call for help. in that moment, he is switched with the weaker enemy, and the weaker enemy should have their HP reduced to 200 (so you don't have to dish out another extra 800 damage to kill them).

This, obviously, can cause some problems if you use things like a bestiary to keep track of enemies (unless you can tag them and skip them over) and if your combat system actually shows enemy HP, but it should work for any other of your applications.

Hope this was of help!

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Animebryan Those are for MV and this thread is for Ace. As has been mentioned to you before, MV plugins do not work in Ace as they are written in a different language. Please check which forum you are in before posting. Thanks.

7. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Could you show us Pictures of what you did so far?
    The inbuild Windows Snipping Tool is useful to make Pictures of RPG Maker Editor.

8. Animebryan

Animebryan Feels like I'm slowly dying! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When? This is the first time I made this mistake as far as I can remember.

9. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Animebryan No, not the first time, but I haven't the time to search through all possible threads to find it.