Not open for further replies.

TheAverageJoe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone.

I have been going through an issue lately with the Yanfly Battle Engine, in which enemy Battler sprites don't properly disappear once they fall into the Death state. Oddly enough, I only started experiencing this issue on my new gaming PC. This issue seemingly escalated just tonight when I was testing it out. As for my older computer, it never had this issue once. It obviously is some sort of bug with the engine, but might it have to do with my new computer?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is most unlikely to be, as you suggest, a bug with Yanfly's script because it has been out for several years now, and a significant bug like this would have surfaced before.  I use Yanfly's Battle Engine myself, without this problem.  Furthermore, it did work before, so something has changed between now and then.

I'm no computer expert, but I think it unlikely that a computer would change one tiny aspect of one script and nothing else, so you might have to think wider than that.

Have you installed any other scripts since the last time it worked properly?  Have you edited any?

TheAverageJoe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, I did a little more tinkering with the RPG and I think I found the real issue. It had nothing to do with my computer nor Yanfly's engine. The real problem was with vanilla RPG Maker. So I had K.O. by Slip Damage enabled for about a week now, and I forgot about it. When that is enabled, characters can fall in the death state from being poisoned or other similar states. I realized that every time an enemy didn't fade away was when a poison-like state was applied. So I unchecked it and now enemies properly fade away.

Thank you very much, though!

stickyka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I know this is really necro, but hopefully it will help people in the future. I spent a day looking at this problem and found several threads just like this, but with no real answer.

After some reasoning and lots and lots of searching, I found this in YEA Battle Engine script:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# new method: can_collapse?
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# commented out the original scripting and replaced with "return true"
# so that enemies will disappear when killed by slip damage

def can_collapse?
return true
# return false unless dead?
unless actor?
return true
# return false unless sprite.battler_visible
array = [:collapse, :boss_collapse, :instant_collapse]
# return false if array.include?(sprite.effect_type)
end
return true
end

It starts around line 1510 and seems the commented out parts seem to say:
"don't collapse unless dead" which I figure goes without saying, so hopefully it's fine (unfortunately there's probably a good reason these things are here, so I can't wait for that to come bite me in the)

"don't collapse unless the battler sprite is visible" which I'd want the battler to collapse when he meets the death condition whether he's visible or not. Again, probably a reason it's here.

the array seems to call on the collapse effect types, which the game does in a similar array elsewhere, so I left it alone

"Don't collapse if the array includes some (this is where I'm a bit confused) sprite effect?" I think this one may be the actual culprit, but I have no idea. Anyway, the way I did it seems to be working fine. *crosses fingers*.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[necro]stickyka[/necro]
You might like to start a new thread (you can link back to this one if that helps) in which you set out the problem and ask about the points you raise. RGSSx Script Support would be the best sub forum for it.

[mod]Closing this.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mosodetinbongvn