Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I'm just looking for ideas for enemies' attacks and moves. As I said in the title, we fight them in the begining of the game. The game is in fantasy/medieval style. I was just checking out my game and the thing that made me confused was that most of common enemies had just 1 move. Now it's much better than it was before but still. Enemies that appears in my game and needs more moves are: Slime (Just one target damege and heal); Giant Snail (One target damage and weaker all target damage with slow); Rat (One target damage).I have more enemies but they already have 3/4 moves. I'm looking for some attacks or skills that won't damage our character but weaken him other way. Also, my characters aren't some famous and heroic characters but just unexperienced adventures. Also some good ideas for enemies would be great ;) Battles happens in plains/hills terrain. I will be really thankful for any help.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
slime - mitosis = high chance to fail. calls in an extra slime
snail - withdraw = hide in shell to negate physical dmg. no effect on magic dmg.
rat - generally rats carry disease so could just give it small chance to poison/blind with its regular attacks
- scurry = raise evasion rate

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
slime - mitosis = high chance to fail. calls in an extra slime
snail - withdraw = hide in shell to negate physical dmg. no effect on magic dmg.
rat - generally rats carry disease so could just give it small chance to poison/blind with its regular attacks
- scurry = raise evasion rate
Wow, thanks for a fast reply. These are great ideas. ;) Anyway, do you know how could I made slime skill? I mean how could other enemy be summoned by skill?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the skill would have a low invocation success rate and trigger a common event "enemy appear"

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I have a lot of battle scripts too, so I don't think that I will be able to create skill that summons enemy without a bug or error. Maybe other idea for slime skill would be better?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
maby have it actualy "slime" the player reducing AGI n STR

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I have something simillar to snail (deals half damage to all target damage and slow down them). Well, after all I think that 2 skills will be enough for such a simple enemy as slime. I don't mind if you will share more of your ideas for enemies' skills ;) (not just for these I said)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of gameplay from a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions e.g. "do you know how could I made slime skill?" which you asked in post #3 belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

'Game Mechanics Design' is also not for feedback on individual, specific projects, it is meant to be much wider than that. If you want feedback for your game ideas, then please post in 'Ideas and Prototypes'. You can read the posting rules for that particular forum here.

[mod]I am, therefore, closing this thread.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie
The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(
Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilycastilloknowles