Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I wanted to make an enemy at one point in my game that just idly walks around until you stare at it with it facing towards you (but looking at it from it’s sides or at it’s back would not trigger it),

And once you’ve stared at its face, it gets angry and chases you, trying to kill you (killing the moment it touches the player)

How would I set up an entity like this?

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's an interesting idea. Might use it for something.

I don't have access to an editor at the moment, but off the top of my head, I'd make a par event that constantly keeps track of your location and the event's location. And if the the player is ever facing the event while the event is facing the player, and they're both on a similar x or y axis within a similar range, then a variable would be increased by 1. (and once that variable hits a certain number, that's when the enemy would attack)

Hope this helps.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
"How do I" questions do not belong in Game Mechanics Design.

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
basicgraphics