Enemies with custom emerge and defeat messages

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by breesk, Mar 14, 2019.

1. breesk

breesk I have absolutley no idea what I'm doing here, so Veteran

First Language:
    a
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This plugin will be very useful to people, mostly because this plugin will be useful in making your games not as... RPG MAKER-y

The plugin has one purpose and one purpose only, the plugin should be able to change a group of enemies messages from:

"The X appeared!"
    "The X appeared!"

to this:

"The X and it's cohort appeared!"

or

"the %1 was defeated"
    "the %1 was defeated"

to:

"the X returned to the dust of the earth!"
    "the X became tame!"

NOTHING ELSE WILL BE CHANGED

Explanation:

The plugin's main feature is to add a note to enemies to change the emerge and defeat message to a custom one

The plugin should also read for a tag on a troop name (EX: <group>) if the troop name has the group on it, it will display one message saying: "The (random enemy name) and it's cohort appears!" but keep each enemies defeat message to the one defined by the developer

I want this plugin because I really think this will be great to remove the stigma of all RPG Maker Games being the same thing over and over again, and because it's cool and I'm making an EarthBound fan game and I need it lol

Clarification:

If a troop has no group tag it should display the custom appear and defeat message of the enemy in the troop, if a group has <group> attached it should display "the X and it's cohort!" message, and display each individual defeat message for enemies so a troop of a bat and a zombie it should display "the (random enemy name) and it's cohort" but display a different defeat message for each enemy.

IT SHOULD NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE, it should still display each enemy damage percentage as that enemy
    it should not say "The Zombie and it's cohort took 999 damage" if it is a group, please make sure it does not do this

Cringe but helpful visual example:
    • The Urban Zombie and it's cohort appeared!
    • Ness tried PSI SCREENNUKE Ω!
    • The Urban Zombie took 999 damage!
    • The Urban Zombie returned to the dust of the earth!
    • The Zombie Possessor took 999 damage!
    • The Zombie Possessor disappeared into thin air!
      YOU WON!
    I really hope this helps

Bonus Feature (unnecessary)
    • Label as group of same or group of different so you can have "a pair of bats swoop down" or the cohort message
    • change cohort message to custom message
    =======================================================================================================
    TL;DR

The plugin lets the developer change the emerge and defeat message of an enemy in the notes and if they dev adds a <group> tag to the troop name it will display "the X and it's cohort" however the defeat message will still be the one set for each enemy

status, damage, attacking none of that is changed

(feel free to release this to the public, if you have any other quebstion just ask

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Uzuki likes this.
  2. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I may have gotten a bit lost on this one, it feels like it's all over the place. :kaoslp:
    Seems to work OK, though! View/download file (Google Drive)

Basically, here are the tags you requested (all customisable via plugin parameters in case of conflict):
    • <group> in troop name.
      This tells the plugin to pick a random enemy as the "leader" and display a single emerge message (i.e. the one at the start of battle saying "X appeared!") for the troop based on that leader's name.
    • <emerge: blah> in troop name or enemy note box.
      Custom emerge message for the enemy/troop.
    • <state 1 add text: blah> in actor/enemy note box.
      Custom message for when state 1 (death state) is added to the actor/enemy.
    Bonuses:
    • <plural: blah> in enemy note box.
      Custom text for multiple enemies with the same name.
    • Default group/cohort message is customisable via the plugin parameters, or you can specify a particular one via an <emerge> tag.
    There are a few other little features I added in along the way, too. Hopefully the plugin help is comprehensible. :kaoswt2:

Here's an example troop name illustrating the <group> and <emerge> tags, complete with random message selection:
    Code:
    Troop <group><emerge:%1 and friends are here!|Uh-oh, %1 has arrived!|>
    ...and an enemy notetag example for your Urban Zombie:
    Code:
    <state 1 add text: returned to the dust of the earth!>

breesk likes this.
  3. breesk

breesk I have absolutley no idea what I'm doing here, so Veteran

First Language:
    a
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so gosh dang much.
    i hope i didn't accidentally want this plugin to work in the most complicated way possible

also... feel free to add this to your catalog of plugins and/or make money off of this

caethyril likes this.