Enemies won't change their status condition

Discussion in 'RPG Maker 2000/2003' started by PedroCardoso, Oct 12, 2017.

1. PedroCardoso

PedroCardoso Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello there. Got a problem here. Simply put, in Enemies' Troops, I commanded via event that a given enemy would change its condition. The problem is - it doesn't change its condition. Everything else seems to be working just fine, but the command "Change enemy's condition" doesn't work. I want a given enemy to get paralyzed, but it doesn't paralyze itself. When I do this by techinique, it works, but I got to do this by event and it doesnt run. I dont understand why...

If you can lend me some help, I'd appreciate it.

2. Felix Trapper

Felix Trapper old fogey Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First, make sure this section of the eventing code is actually being executed. A simple way to do this is right after the 'Change Enemy State' command, add a Show Message option with some arbitrary text so you know the game is at least getting to that point.

Then we can go from there...

3. pedrocarsamar

pedrocarsamar Warper Member

First Language:
    portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So... I did exactly this. I've put up a message right after the change command. The result is - the message shows up normally.
    By the way, thanks for your support, although I've just given up on this because my project took another course and I dont need keep on trying this. Still, the issue remains a mystery...

4. Felix Trapper

Felix Trapper old fogey Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I wonder if the enemy had a resistance to the status condition? You know how they can have resistances from A~E

5. Rave

Rave Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Are you using RM2k3? If so, in 2k3 the battle system has several issues that have yet to be fixed in the official release. That's why I'll be rolling out my own BS on events (not sure if I'll need one for the kind of game I'm making now, but we'll see).

If you're using 2003 it may just be that you've encountered one of several issues of the 2k3's BS.