Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so im using yep region events plugin to add step sounds {also im using a mv plugin because i have FOSSIL} but now enemies dont spawn
image_2022-08-16_210035698.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is completely correct. if an event is executed on a tile (no matter if regular event or region-based event), then random events will not trigger.

that is an intentional security to prevent that both event and random encounter happen at the same time.

you either have to stop running events everywhere, or the event has to take over some form of simulated random encounter.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right, an event can't go on another event.

If you're going to use a plugin for the footsteps, why wouldn't you just use Yanfly's actual Footstep Sounds plugin instead of shoehorning it into the Region Events?

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right, an event can't go on another event.

If you're going to use a plugin for the footsteps, why wouldn't you just use Yanfly's actual Footstep Sounds plugin instead of shoehorning it into the Region Events?
Cause doesnt that one cost money

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is completely correct. if an event is executed on a tile (no matter if regular event or region-based event), then random events will not trigger.

that is an intentional security to prevent that both event and random encounter happen at the same time.

you either have to stop running events everywhere, or the event has to take over some form of simulated random encounter.
So do i just remove some of the events or make it when you step on a certain tile a battle happens?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've been told by a number of people, including a forum moderator, how to avoid double posting according to the forum rules.

You have several options.

1 - use the default random encounter system included in RPG Maker

2 - use one of the many tutorials on how to make footsteps using common events.

I can't fathom who would have suggested this plugin to you for this purpose, it's pretty much the worst possible solution.

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've been told by a number of people, including a forum moderator, how to avoid double posting according to the forum rules.

You have several options.

1 - use the default random encounter system included in RPG Maker

2 - use one of the many tutorials on how to make footsteps using common events.

I can't fathom who would have suggested this plugin to you for this purpose, it's pretty much the worst possible solution.
1 i did use the default battle system 2 the Tutorial i watched was to do with common events
Events

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Common events make sense. Region Events do not. But you are also doing something unusual by having events spawning to be enemies, so it's up to you to understand how that actually works in RPG Maker.

All of these came up when I Googled "RPG Maker footsteps tutorial"

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Common events make sense. Region Events do not. But you are also doing something unusual by having events spawning to be enemies, so it's up to you to understand how that actually works in RPG Maker.

All of these came up when I Googled "RPG Maker footsteps tutorial"
Its fine i already managed to fix the problem

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Balendra, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to quote several people, hit +Quote on each of their messages. Or just tag them like this: @Balendra (put a @ in front of their names) instead of quoting.

If you don't need any more help, please report your first post and ask for the thread to be closed.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba