Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for this question but what is the difference between the "enemies" folder and "sv_enemies" folder? in both of them i have the exactly same pictures

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You shouldn't. SV is the image they need for side view battlers, enemies is for front view battlers.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You shouldn't.
wrong, the< are identical by default because the enemies are identical by default.

@Artea
the engine switches the use of the enemy picture based on the setting for front view and sideview.
I assume that was made to allow two different enemy pictures with different facing to better fit the view by the programmer, and then the managers decided that they did not want to pay the artists for two pictures of the same enemy, so both folders got the same pictures instead of different ones.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar: Ok then, where do sv battlers go? There is a folder for that too, as the engine also makes side view battlers in the character generator.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where do sv battlers go?
SV battlers for the actors go into the SV_actors folder. That is a different folder than the SV_enemies folder.

The default has no enemy SV from the generator at all, all those are added by plugins. And where the SV-Enemies used by those plugins are stored depends on the plugin and has nothing to do with the regular enemy pictures that are identical for FV and SV despite being saved in two different folders twice.

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SV battlers for the actors go into the SV_actors folder. That is a different folder than the SV_enemies folder.

The default has no enemy SV from the generator at all, all those are added by plugins. And where the SV-Enemies used by those plugins are stored depends on the plugin and has nothing to do with the regular enemy pictures that are identical for FV and SV despite being saved in two different folders twice.
mmmh i see now thanks

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

No matter how many times I listen to him, I know this is Joker speaking, but my brain can only hear Dagda.
Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FeatherStone