Buulord

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am trying to create a tutorial battle for a demo and am having trouble with the enemy actions. The setup of the battle is two monsters and a boss fighting against one party member.

Stage 1

the two monsters casts buffs on the buffs on the boss during the first turn which make him immortal, immune to status debuffs and boost his hp temporarily. The boss in turn then makes the two monsters immune to physical damage so the player can't hurt them.

Stage 2

the following turn the boss uses a regular attack on the player and the two monsters cast heal on the boss or guard.

Stage 3

if any of the buffs they've cast wear off I would like them to immediately recast it on the previously stated target. 

The point of the tutorial is for the player to use their own skills to inflict either sleep or poison on the two monsters so they can attack the boss properly.

The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to get the monsters to stick to that game plan. I have been using the Yanfly plugin Battle AI Core, but after the first turn, the monsters cast the buff again on a different target rather than doing the actions described in stage 2. If someone could point me in the right direction on this I would be very grateful.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to plugin support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please give a link to the plugin's website and a screenshot of the notetag(s) you've done for it, then we can check for mistakes.

Buulord

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize for posting this in the wrong section.

This is the link to the plugin:

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/19/yep-16-battle-a-i-core/

I have also attached the screenshots as well as well. For reference, the Boss is named Anubis and only has 50 max hp. The other two monsters have 100 max hp each. I tried using the target function of the plugin to get the right targets, but that only worked on the first turn. The following turn the monsters just recast their buffs on whoever else was left in the party. 

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Anubis note tag 1.png

Anubis note tag 2.png

Monster 1.png

Monster 2A.png

Monster 2B.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H2WO4