Buulord

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am trying to create a tutorial battle for a demo and am having trouble with the enemy actions. The setup of the battle is two monsters and a boss fighting against one party member.

Stage 1

the two monsters casts buffs on the buffs on the boss during the first turn which make him immortal, immune to status debuffs and boost his hp temporarily. The boss in turn then makes the two monsters immune to physical damage so the player can't hurt them.

Stage 2

the following turn the boss uses a regular attack on the player and the two monsters cast heal on the boss or guard.

Stage 3

if any of the buffs they've cast wear off I would like them to immediately recast it on the previously stated target. 

The point of the tutorial is for the player to use their own skills to inflict either sleep or poison on the two monsters so they can attack the boss properly.

The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to get the monsters to stick to that game plan. I have been using the Yanfly plugin Battle AI Core, but after the first turn, the monsters cast the buff again on a different target rather than doing the actions described in stage 2. If someone could point me in the right direction on this I would be very grateful.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to plugin support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please give a link to the plugin's website and a screenshot of the notetag(s) you've done for it, then we can check for mistakes.

Buulord

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize for posting this in the wrong section.

This is the link to the plugin:

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/19/yep-16-battle-a-i-core/

I have also attached the screenshots as well as well. For reference, the Boss is named Anubis and only has 50 max hp. The other two monsters have 100 max hp each. I tried using the target function of the plugin to get the right targets, but that only worked on the first turn. The following turn the monsters just recast their buffs on whoever else was left in the party. 

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Anubis note tag 1.png

Anubis note tag 2.png

Monster 1.png

Monster 2A.png

Monster 2B.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.
This was originally made for a "castle" challenge, but we just decided to keep it for our actual game :)

1632415929108.png
Would a simple item rarity plugin be useful to someone? Basically, you would set notetag to an item to set its rarity and it would change the text colour of the item.
Stuff that bothers me: When I answer resource requests and the people don't even bother to answer wheather that was what they needed or say thank you in any way.
I'm tempted to leave the Fight/Escape choice in the Boss Battle submission and make Escape pop up Nedry from Jurassic Park: "Uh uh unh!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
futuretechupdates