Enemy Approach not working as intended

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Alyon93, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Alyon93

Alyon93 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi guys,

Sorry for bothering you with this question.

I've a problem with the appear half-way option on the enemy in troop.

I've set the option and I've set the condition to be the 2° turn in the battle, for a single time.

So I've put of course the command  "enemy approach" or "enemy appear"(not sure for the right spelling since I haven't RMVXA in English) on the right enemy.

But even if the enemy actually become present(he can attack, he can receive status) his actual sprite is not visible.

It becomes visible only once you select it during target selection(when it is flashing) and afterwards it is visible as intendend. 

The strange thing is that it only started to behave like this only recently, in the past months it worked as intended.

The only things I've changed in this period is the version(I have the Steam one) and I've added another event page in the troop(nothing that cares about enemies anyway).

What do you guys think it's causing this issue?

As always sorry if my english is not perfect(I'm not native) and I hope it won't bother you too much to answer me.

Thanks in advance

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please post screenshots of the troop with the event, we need to see it to check it for problems.

But most likely this is caused by a script (or to be precisely I assume you added a script recently to the battlescripts you were already using, and that was a script that introduced an incompatibility). Test this by transfering the troop with the events to a new project to see if it works without any scripts added to the project.

3. Alyon93

Alyon93 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    As you suggested the problem was a script. 

I tried it on a completely new project and it worked.

Afterwards I tried to find out what was the script to cause the issue and it appears to be this one:

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/155-cache-optimization/

Cache Optimization by Jet.

I thought it made sense because it has to do with the graphics.

I posted it here so that anyone with the same script might be interested in knowing this little bug.

Maybe the original scripter would be interested in solving this.

It's ok now, hope my question could be anyone else useful.

As always, thanks  a lot Andar for your quick and useful answers.

Have a good day!