Enemy Attack Animation

Fox12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening. While working on battle animations for a first person game, I've been thinking about how to indicate to the player which enemy is attacking, without having the enemy flash on screen. Eventually I decided to settle on an animation system similar to what we see in Lisa the Painful, or Earthbound, where an enemy sprite moves forward toward the camera while the battle animation plays.

Basically something like this, where we can see the enemy sprites move side to side, or forward, during an attack.

I have yanfly's battle system, and three action sequence packs, currently installed, but I'm not very familiar with them. Does anyone know of a way I could achieve this effect when an enemy attacks during combat?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
"How do I?" questions belong in the Support forums, so I'm moving it there.

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Fox12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about the mixup, I'll keep that in mind.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, as this can't be done by default with the editor, it needs to go to one of the plugin sections.

I think this can be done with your Yanfly's Action sequences, so initially I'll move this to Javascript/Plugin Support. If I'm wrong, however, then it will have to go to JS Plugin Requests.

[mod]Moving this.[/mod]

Fox12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was able to fine a solution. Thank you for your time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally feel well enough to sketch. Took twenty minutes to find the tablet. Another ten for the cable. Only to discover that my Clip Studio Pro license has expired. Yup. Gonna be one of those days.
Is there a way to add pictures to profile posts?
I just graduated from high school yesterday!
I accidently wipe out my entire hdd...
Hey everyone, I'm going to do winners announcement post for the OCCIII after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkullMetalLord