Enemy Attack Insta-Killing Actor - Set for Flat Damage Attack - Not Sure Why Killing Actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chroma-Creative-Solutions

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently I am working on a project where I am going to be setting up a system that causes effects to the player when they are hit with different types of Fear attacks, and at different Fear levels. I am very confused however with what is currently occurring in my project. For an unknown reason the attacks by the enemy are not doing a flat damage rate, and sometimes insta-kill the actor, regardless of what I set the stats for the actor at. None of the current stats are relevant to the game I have just been testing to determine why the skills are insta-killing the actor occasionally. I have not been able to figure out the issue. Below you will find photos of plugins, actor, enemy, troops, skills, states, etc for the project.

Strangely even without plugins it will say that the skill has done 10 damage, then my player will instantly die. I have tried this with/without plugins on, turning each plugin on/off, and cannot determine what is causing the issue. Any assistance or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.35.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.35.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.35.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.35.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.35.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.35.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.35.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.34.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.34.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.34.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.34.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.34.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.34.17 AM.png

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
State ID 1 is reserved for death state, do not change that.
So, if you apply state id 1, it will insta-kill whoever get the state.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Since it's happening even without plugins, I'm moving this to MV Support.

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
State ID 1 is reserved for death state, do not change that.
So, if you apply state id 1, it will insta-kill whoever get the state.
That fixed it, no more issues! Thank you very much, I did not realize that was a hard state in the engine that could cause that type of issue. Appreciate the help!

Skills 1 and 2 should also not be changed.
Thank you for the information! I am using plugins to remove the ability to attack and guard, and limit the player to only be able to use one ability, items, and escape. Will it cause any issues with those skills being overwritten?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be okay if you also don't give those skills to any of your enemies then. It's the State 1 as TheoAllen pointed out that's causing your current issue.

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be okay if you also don't give those skills to any of your enemies then. It's the State 1 as TheoAllen pointed out that's causing your current issue.
Thank you for the information and assistance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Chroma-Creative-Solutions
just as a further tip:
make a new project without deleting the default database, and really read what is there.

You'll see that the state #1 and skills #1 &#2 will have notes on them telling you exactly what was said above. Additionally, some of the default traits on classes are there because the engine needs them - for example the HIT% defaults to zero without traits, which means that if you delete all those default traits without replacing them, the actor will never hit anything.

So it really helps to check what the default database contains before deleting it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
Im so glad that im into 16/32bit games because i'd never be able to create any assets for something more complex :p
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.
Another screenshot from my 3D RMMV project, this time from an inside map:

I have lost count of how many times I have used assorted Mexican foods as test variables, or console.log messages. Listen... I just write taco a lot. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShivaOblivion