Enemy Champions & No "Null" Info

JavaUpdate

A new version of Java is ready to be installed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So here I want to request two different scripts (with the first one being more important to me).
The first one would add champion enemies (as the name suggests). If you have ever played The Binding of Isaac, you should know what I mean ;)
If you don't know that game, continue reading...

By "champion" enemies I mean that, usually on random encounters, some of the enemies in a troop (picked at random) will become more powerful. This would range from only certain stat increases, to new traits and skills. And I don't want it to be totally random, but to have a player-configured set of champion types. So for example we could have 4 champion types:
-Red, that has 200% of a non-champion enemy's HP
-Yellow, that has 200% of non-champion enemy's AGI
-Grey, that has 200% of non-champion enemy's ATK and MAT but only 50% of their HP
-Green, that is immune to poison damage and Poison state and has a new skill called Toxic Bite.

The second script request is less important for me but also less complicated... I just want some of skills to completely disable the "Null" popup (I'm using Yanfly's Battle Engine). To be more specific, I have some skills that inflict a state to the user. To do that, I need to set the damage formula to sth like this:

a.add_state(10); 0

The skill will work as intented and will inflict the requested state but it'll also create a popup informing that no damage was dealt AKA the "Null" popup.

Twisted

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, i am by no means a wizard with RPG maker but i am learning as i go along.
I have a suggestion for your first point only.
Could you possibly use yep enemy levels plugin.
then when you create an enemy add the specifics in the note tags.
and add enemy to the troop.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't help you with the scripts but maybe you should rethink the red champion.
Just doubling the HP of a mob does not seem very wise from a gameplay/fun perspective.
It only drags out the battle without making it much more threatening.

One suggestion I would have maybe make a champion variant that has 75% ATK/MAT but gains 2 actions per turn.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) doesn't need scripts, you can do that by simply having a troop event work on turn zero to change one or more of the enemies.
Either by transforming the enemy or by adding a state to it

2) I think yanfly already had an option for that in the old scripts, have you checked their configurations for that?

JavaUpdate

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't help you with the scripts but maybe you should rethink the red champion.
Just doubling the HP of a mob does not seem very wise from a gameplay/fun perspective.
It only drags out the battle without making it much more threatening.

One suggestion I would have maybe make a champion variant that has 75% ATK/MAT but gains 2 actions per turn.
This was just an example, my project will have much more balanced champion types ;)

1) doesn't need scripts, you can do that by simply having a troop event work on turn zero to change one or more of the enemies.
Either by transforming the enemy or by adding a state to it

2) I think yanfly already had an option for that in the old scripts, have you checked their configurations for that?
What if I wanted to do such thing but for a specific enemy, so I don't need to repeat that in every troop?

Which Yanfly's scripts do you mean?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure as it has been too long since I last checked the Ace master script list.
But I think that yanfly had an ace script for base troop events, that basically copies the troop events from the specfied base troop into every troop.

and I don't remember which script for the null effect either, you'll have to check everyone, sorry.

JavaUpdate

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure as it has been too long since I last checked the Ace master script list.
But I think that yanfly had an ace script for base troop events, that basically copies the troop events from the specfied base troop into every troop.
He has and I am actually using that script so ight imma test it out :D

and I don't remember which script for the null effect either, you'll have to check everyone, sorry.
Welp then... I guess I have to wait for someone who knows :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

have another character sheet! ill probably add some more details before i make my thread for this project
Every time the official RMWeb account makes a post, I think it's @Eliaquim writing it!

It's driving me crazy, but it's also wonderfully hilarious.
// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter