Linally

Edible Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been trying my damnedest to make this work with out a script, but there's just no way I can do it. A script along these lines should be the answer. I've seen quite a few people looking for something like this too.

What I Want It To Do:

• Event Character is able to:
           Use transfer points to follow the player character (Not like part of the party. Ideally, this would be an enemy chase)

Chase for so long and then the event is erased (One of the biggest problems I had trying to event this to happen, was that when I
           re-enter the room, the event is still going. Using the RPGMVXA timer does not work, because then it shows the timer in the corner.
           We can't have that in a horror game. ;P)

If it needs to be included in the script, the NPC would cause a game over upon event touch.

• Should Include:
           A "timer" function to erase the event after so many seconds/frames

Also, as far as I can tell, this seems to be a basic sort of function in "Wolf RPG Editor" which was used to make horror games like Ib, Aoi Oni, Mad Father, and Misao... I'd hate to flop over to that half way through my project.

If you need more of an idea as to what type of script or anything else, Aoi Oni is a good one for what I mean by an event chase. The entire games is based on that.

And speaking of an Ao Oni system, there is the ability to hide when not in the same room as the monster that will cancel the monster event. But if you hide while in the room with the monster, it results in a game over. Either incorporate that into this script or make it compatible with a stealth script, like Jet's Stealth System.

Thank you! If you need any more details, I'll be lurking around. :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First: Map events are map-specific, you can't have an event follow the player to different maps. The only thing possible is to have a different event on each map using the same sprite following the player.

That said, there are several possible ways to achieve that result. You'll need a common event to conrol that in all cases.

without scripts, you'll need one "monster" event placed on every map, and the common event changes some variables to trigger the correct event page for the monster sprite and the movement to activate. The transfer events have to deactivate that map's monster event and store the distance to the player into a variable (for the delay of the monster appearing on the next map)

or you might use one of the scripts that can copy events, have one event per chaser type stored in an unused map and the common event copies that event to the current map with the special settings and positions. the transfer events will then trigger an erase even on that copied one. This should work easier, but requires a script (don't have the links at the moment, you'll have to search the master script list yourself for it)

Linally

Edible Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I figured out how to do it without scripts, but that doesn't change my request for a way to make it all happen without the hassle of so many events.

The last one does sound good, if I can find it though.

And I suppose it doesn't have to be LITERALLY an event using a transfer point. If the screen could slide over in the direction you were going, like a map edge, only the map is only one map, and not different maps linked to each other, then the timer/frames thing would still work, right?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinterWolf