Enemy Classes

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Would you like a better way to manage your enemies' parameters and skills?

For example, if you have a plugin that gives you enemy levels, you could take advantage of using classes to determine what the enemy's parameters will be.

This plugin allows you to assign classes to enemies.

When an enemy has a class, all of their parameters will be based on what class and level they are. By default, they are assumed to be level 1.
They will also inherit all of the class features.

If no class is provided, they will just read from their own parameters as usual.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks
You may be interested in the following plugins:

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yesss. There it is! Psyched to use this. Thank you!

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks Hime! This was the plugin i was waiting for! Would this work with any enemy level plugin?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks Hime! This was the plugin i was waiting for! Would this work with any enemy level plugin?
As long as they store enemy levels in a specific way inside the Game_Enemy class

Code:
this._level

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Regarding the Class traits... You mentioned that the enemy will inherit all of the class features. What does that mean for traits/features that are on the enemy in the database? Does the plugin ignore them? Or are they combined in a certain way?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Regarding the Class traits... You mentioned that the enemy will inherit all of the class features. What does that mean for traits/features that are on the enemy in the database? Does the plugin ignore them? Or are they combined in a certain way?
An enemy's traits will be a combination of

- the enemy

- its class

- any equips (if using enemy equips)

- any states

Similar to actors.

Just imagine all of them in one big list.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
An enemy's traits will be a combination of

- the enemy

- its class

- any equips (if using enemy equips)

- any states

Similar to actors.

Just imagine all of them in one big list.
I've been testing your Enemy Classes plugin, and the classes do not transfer their traits, just the base stats. The traits only work if they're added on the enemy itself. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Not that I mind. I actually prefer to keep it the way it is. I just wasn't sure what you originally intended to do with the plugin.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ah, you're right. I looked at the code and it doesn't actually include the enemy class in the list of traits.

Will that add in.

This is how I will add it: I will provide an extended note-tag that looks like this

<enemy class> id: 5, use_traits: true, use_learning: true</enemy class>If `use_traits` option is set to true, it will inherit all traits.If `use_learning` option is set to true, it will prevent the enemy from using actions if their level condition has not been met, based on the class learnings.

I will also include `use_params` as an option, if you DIDN'T want to use the class' parameter curves.

Will post an update when that is done.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, you're right. I looked at the code and it doesn't actually include the enemy class in the list of traits.

Will that add in.

This is how I will add it: I will provide an extended note-tag that looks like this

<enemy class> id: 5, use_traits: true, use_learning: true</enemy class>If `use_traits` option is set to true, it will inherit all traits.If `use_learning` option is set to true, it will prevent the enemy from using actions if their level condition has not been met, based on the class learnings.

I will also include `use_params` as an option, if you DIDN'T want to use the class' parameter curves.

Will post an update when that is done.
Was this ever completed? The current linked version is still Nov 23, 2015

Also, I wanted to ask... Do you plan on converting your Parameter Tables script from VXAce?

Without something like that, this plugin is limited, quite a bit, by the databases default parameter limits. Such as 9,999 MHP. Meanwhile, an actual enemy can have a database default limit of 999,999 MHP. Which in some extreme situations is still rather small. :)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've updated the plugin to include traits.

I haven't figured out a good way to include the learnings though.

Someone asked about using the learnings AS the actions, instead of having to create available actions, in the case that an enemy changes class or something.

I will probably just continue with the idea that learnings will restrict actions that require a certain level to use though.

For parameters, I'm still thinking about a good way to structure it. CSV file I guess? But the EXP table plugin requires a JSON (which can be built from CSV) so I'm not sure if I want to do that, or just go with straight CSV.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I particularly liked the CSV from excel capability.

It allowed me to make some rather complex excel spreadsheets and export them to CSV.

Though, I seem to remember having to change the script to use a different delimiter. That or break windows defaults for one application. So I changed the code instead. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back to the bugs.
100 bugs in my coding,
take one down,
fix it up,
132 bugs in my coding.
On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shinkukae