Enemy equipment and animations

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I have an enemy troop or battler that is supposed to have certain armor or weapons equipped, is there any way to actually do this? What is the point of choosing "equip sword" when I cannot choose a specific sword in that category? Since I have to choose their base stats and can't just put armor on them for specific bonuses, the skill I've made that have the effect of disarming or breaking armor are useless. Is this unavoidable?

Also, in front view, is there any way to have the monster using a skill still show that skills animation somehow instead of just glowing and making the sound effect for the animation? (I assume it does that because there's no visible target in front view.)

Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still looking for info on the benefits of assigning weapons and armor to enemy troops.

TakeHomeTheCup

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As far as I know, there is no benefit in using the equip parameters for enemies.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The traits are a programming mechanism to handle added effects, but to make that easier on the programming side there is no filter to detect if a trait is usefull at a specific part or not - that is the responsibility of the game developer, because the editor would have a lot of lag if it would try to detect useless combinations.

Equipment Types for enemies is only one of those options without effect, simply because enemies can't have equipment. There are a number of others as well, for example the enemy effect commands of eventing only work in troop events as those enemies don't exist on map.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar, it is, for now, without effect, but it is stored for said enemy, right? Someone could make a plugin that gathers this trait info to allow (for example) sv_enemies to equip weapons like actors, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tharene