X3RO_Ring

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. It's been a long time since I played with RPGmaker and I'm having a really hard time making something specific work;

See, I'm trying to create different battle mechanics, and what I'm trying to do right now is create an enemy that initially has 100% evasion to physical attacks (like Final Fantasy 7's boss battle at the shinra building that could only be hit by ranged or magic) for the sake of my post I'll refer to them as "flying enemies" and I've also added a few skills/magics to my game so far that ideally would reverse this initial evasion state and make these enemy types susceptible to physical damage.

The issue I've run into is that no matter what I try to do, changing the ex-parameters of the enemy affects the party, not the enemy.
1653286791752.png
1653286894206.png
keep in mind, this is just what I have currently, I've tried multiple different solutions to this problem, and no matter how I try to manipulate the enemy's stats, it affects my party instead; like setting the hit rate to 0% causes the bats to miss my party 100% of the time. Setting the evasion rate for the enemy to 100% makes the bats miss my party 100% of the time. I want it to be the other way around. I want the bats to have 100% evasion to physical damage until/unless the "gravity" spells/skills I've made are used on them to make them hittable like any normal enemy would be.

Sorry if I didn't explain my problem thoroughly enough, I also had a hard time googling to see if there were other solutions to this, but I couldn't find anything.

What I've tried so far is using states; first to have the enemy spawn with the "Flying Enemy" state which should make them have 100% evasion to physical damage, and a "gravity" state which should reduce the enemies evasion to normal levels.

With the skills I've made, I have "remove state flying enemy" and "add state gravity" which I think would obviously work if the initial issue could be resolved RE: having the evasion/hit rates be applied to the bats attacks against the party rather than the parties attacks against the bats.

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated greatly. I hope this isn't a really easy fix that I just haven't been able to think of.

*edit*
I've also looked at Yanfly's extended parameters plugin. I still can't get the desired outcome. Everything I do to try to change the enemy's evasion to physical damage has the inverse effect, the bats are hittable by physical damage, but cannot land any attacks on the party characters instead.

I feel like there must be some counterintuitive solution that I'm just not knowledgeable enough to find.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't duplicate this.

I made a new project, gave my slimes +1000% evade, and they evade every attack I make against them, just as expected.

You must have something in your project that's changing this behavior.

You mention you have some Yanfly plugins - have you made sure that they're installed in the order on the Web site?

Putting any out of order can cause very strange side effects. Also make sure that any time you make a change you're saving your project and starting a new game, not loading a save.

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im sorry, i didnt read the whole thing... if youre using yanfly plugins, using the target core and selection control, you could determine who could be targeted by what and make actors without ranged weapons not being able to target flying enemies. not exactly the way you thought, but maybe it would be a nice workaround.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As @ATT_Turan says, make sure there are no plugins messing stuff up. Maybe try it in a clean new test project first.

In addition at least the way you have it set up in the provided screenshots will not work. You have set the bat's evasion to 5%. Setting the state rate for 'flying' to 100% will not cause the bat to spawn with a flying state. For that you need to have either a troop event that adds the state at the beginning of combat or something like Yanfly's Autopassive States plugin.

State Rate affects how likely an enemy is afflicted with a certain state if the state would be added. For example, if you give your Bat a state rate of 50% for Blind, a skill that normally has a chance of 50% of inflicting Blind has a 50% * 50% = 25% chance to inflict it on a bat. Conversely, if you give your Bat a state rate of 200% for poison, a skill that normally has a 50% chance to inflict poison, has a 50% * 200% = 100% chance to inflict poison on the bat.
Therefore setting a state rate of 100% is completely redundant, as it is the default value if no rate is set for a certain state.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
changing the ex-parameters of the enemy affects the party, not the enemy.
how do you apply the state?

nothing in your screenshots applies the state, and if applying the state affects the player instead then something is wrong with the method you use to apply the state (either skill or troop event, because nothing else can apply a state)

X3RO_Ring

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I resolved this issue, I don't know what was causing it to happen, but the default plugins that are active at the start of any new project seemed to have been conflicting in some way with the Yanfly plugins. I got it to work the way I want it to.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Map034.png
First try making a temple- looking thing.
NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shivakumar1998