Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am at a loss as to how to get this to work and was hoping I could get some help on this one.

I'm working on a short horror game where there is the 'Killer' Enemy Event and thirty other Friendly Events that are NPCs that the player can interact with. We are using Tsukhime's Random Event Position script here: http://www.gdunlimited.net/scripts/rpg-maker-vx-ace/system-enhancements/random-event-positions to make the Enemy and Friendly Events randomly appear on our murder mansion to simulate a living breathing atmosphere. But because of that, I need some kind of script that allows for the Enemy and Friendly events to have line of sight or detection. I wanted the Enemy Event to be able to detect if a Friendly Event is within its radius and if so, then trigger a switch that kills that Friendly Event. The Enemy Event is then supposed to take on that Friendly Event's appearance minus some minor differences. The point of the randomness is to encourage replay value.

It has been hard trying to look up something like this and the closest I keep coming is to Detection or Proximity Scripts, but that's for events to recognize the player (which I also want but that's not my problem). How can I event or script two events to acknowledge each other? I think it has to do with x and y coordinates like in detection scripts but I can't wrap my brain around how to get it to work. I had found this forum that talked about it and seems to solve it but I'm having difficulty understanding it: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/enemy-aggro-radius.29246/

Additionally, (but I don't know if this is possible or too much), is it possible to have the Enemy Event check if there is more than one Friendly Event in his radius that he doesn't kill because it would leave witnesses? I think it would just be a conditional branch check but again, I'm at a loss beyond that as how to make this work.

Oh, almost forgot-I am avoiding using the battle system in game. I suppose this is supposed to be a action battle system kind of game without the current use of any known ABS. I don't know if I will need one.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flike1963