hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Looking into making enemies resistant/immune to a status effect after it's applied.
Haven't found any plugin's of the sort so I imagine it's able to be done in engine.
Kind of like Etrian Odyssey.
Any help in the right direction is appreciated.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless I misunderstood the question, couldn't you just give the state in question a trait that sets the state rate to 0% for the given state?

For example, give your "Poison" state the following trait: "State Rate Poison 0%".

Be careful though that the skill that applies the state is not set to "Certain Hit" because this would ignore any State Rates.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is also a trait to resist a state:

1611786482214.png

ScorchedGround

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@stramin
I believe this would not work because State Resist also removes the state that is currently active already, which the OP did not ask for.
(Not 100% sure though and can't test it right now)

hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I guess ill make double of each stat effect, one that is the normal state and one that adds a resist state i guess.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@stramin
I believe this would not work because State Resist also removes the state that is currently active already, which the OP did not ask for.
(Not 100% sure though and can't test it right now)
Good to know about this, I going to test it later

ScorchedGround

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hoboayoyo
You don't need to make 2 states.

My approach should still work:

For example, give your "Poison" state the following trait: "State Rate Poison 0%".

Be careful though that the skill that applies the state is not set to "Certain Hit" because this would ignore any State Rates.

Based on this example, your Poison would make the afflicted character immune to poison while still retaining the poison that is currently active.

Just replace "Poison" with any state you need.

I also attached a screenshot of the example just in case

Attachments

• Poison.png
    Poison.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 7

hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
But the resist state is removed when the status goes away correct?
I want the resist state to stay throughout the battle (or more turns than the state is on) to prevent it being spammed on bosses.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right, if you want the "resistance" to last longer than the effect of the state, then two different states is the way to do it. If you want the resistance to last the entire battle, don't set a number of turns or actions; just have it be removed on Battle End. If you don't want to show the Resistance state, set its Priority to 0 and give it no icon.

Be careful with your use of Recover All because that will remove all states (including the Resistance states). The only way to change that behavior is to use "Permanent States" plugins. Or, you can work around it by using complete HP and MP recovery, as well as specifically removing normal states (but not Resistance states), wherever you would have used a Recover All command.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZetabrandX