aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to create an in-battle condition: If an actor attacks a particular enemy, then that particular enemy makes an attack against other enemies.  How do I do that, hopefully without code?

Thanks!  

Hopelessdecoy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could use a common event with a series of statements that forces an action when the enemy drops below a hp %. If you make the % close together it will give the illusion of it using the action after every attack.

Or maybe set up a confused counter state where the enemy counters onto fellow enemies but idk if this will work, never tried it.

aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could use a common event with a series of statements that forces an action when the enemy drops below a hp %. If you make the % close together it will give the illusion of it using the action after every attack.

Or maybe set up a confused counter state where the enemy counters onto fellow enemies but idk if this will work, never tried it.
Thanks for the reply.  I would try the hp % method you're mentioning, but because the player's attack damage varies so much I don't know how I can get the reaction I need consistently every time.  I need this to be something that the player can do every turn for multiple turns.

Hopelessdecoy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try setting up a common event that says when the actor uses this skill ex attack on it an action will be forced.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raizus