Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This script I am developing displays the enemies hp bar above their sprite.

As they get weakened the bar will go from green>yellow>orange>red.

Once they are dead the bar will disappear. Please note that this script is largely untested as it was just developed. If there are any bugs let me know. Also it doesn't work well with very large monsters because there bar is off the screen. 

This was in response to this thread:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48384-enemy-hp-bars/

I need a good scripter to tell me how to get the height / width of a enemy sprite that would be so great! I did some backward thing I'm surprised has worked for me.

Please see the screen shot below.

barsenemy_zpsdomscdqt.png
Download Link:

http://pastebin.com/mQmZ5Jy0

DamianCastaway

Notepad++ Warrior
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Edit: Thanks for unprivating that pastebin :D

However I was following that other thread and I do have to say that the hp bars are very visually appealing.

Do you perhaps think there is breathing room to create a seperate Boss bar where we define the boss enemy via notetag and have their bar display at the top of the screen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This script I am developing displays the enemies hp bar above their sprite.

As they get weakened the bar will go from green>yellow>orange>red.

Once they are dead the bar will disappear. Please note that this script is largely untested as it was just developed. If there are any bugs let me know. Also it doesn't work well with very large monsters because there bar is off the screen. 

This was in response to this thread:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48384-enemy-hp-bars/

I need a good scripter to tell me how to get the height / width of a enemy sprite that would be so great! I did some backward thing I'm surprised has worked for me.

Please see the screen shot below.

barsenemy_zpsdomscdqt.png
Can this be used commercially? If so, how may I credit you, what alias do you prefer :)

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Pastebin should be downloadable now. Still getting used to posting stuff.

Anyone can use anything I create for whatever purpose. No credit necessary. 

I am just making things for my game, if people want to use my stuff then go right ahead.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pastebin should be downloadable now. Still getting used to posting stuff.

Anyone can use anything I create for whatever purpose. No credit necessary. 

I am just making things for my game, if people want to use my stuff then go right ahead.
Thank you again for creating this plugin, I really appreciate it :)

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I should be able to create the boss bar. You will specify in the note tag if it is a boss and a bigger wider bar will be displayed.
The only problem I have is where to place the bar. Many people use different UI so it can be hard to place it.If I Place it at the very top then the damage log will be obstructed. I guess if I disable the damage log only for boss battles then it would look fine.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
error message.png

This error message pops up when I enter a battle :/

DamianCastaway

Notepad++ Warrior
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
attachicon.gif
error message.png

This error message pops up when I enter a battle :/
If you are using the Animate Enemies plugin and have an actor-based animated enemy (Such as one of the cover art characters for example), it cannot track their float parameter. Thus causing this error.

Also perhaps placing the boss bar right above the battle Hud (Where you select the commands for battle) could work. Not all boss bars in games have to be placed at the top of the screen I suppose, or we could be able to define the bars location via notetag and x/y co-ordinates ourselves per Boss battle, however that seems like a lot of work to take on

DamianCastaway

Notepad++ Warrior
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using the Animate Enemies plugin and have an actor-based animated enemy (Such as one of the cover art characters for example), it cannot track their float parameter. Thus causing this error.

Also perhaps placing the boss bar right above the battle Hud (Where you select the commands for battle) could work. Not all boss bars in games have to be placed at the top of the screen I suppose, or we could be able to define the bars location via notetag and x/y co-ordinates ourselves per Boss battle, however that seems like a lot of work to take on
Ah that makes a lot of sense, darn  :(   >_>

DamianCastaway

Notepad++ Warrior
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
All hope is not lost. For the sake of this plugin, I have disabled my SV animated battlers in favor of the breathing animations and scale. That error will vanish as long as you do not use the actor-spritesheet based animations for your enemies. It treats the enemies as actors and the plugin doesnt know how to treat them. (How Im interpreting the error at least). 

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All hope is not lost. For the sake of this plugin, I have disabled my SV animated battlers in favor of the breathing animations and scale. That error will vanish as long as you do not use the actor-spritesheet based animations for your enemies. It treats the enemies as actors and the plugin doesnt know how to treat them. (How Im interpreting the error at least). 
I understand that :)

But my game has a lot of custom made animated battlers though haha  :guffaw:

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't know enough about the sprite/battler side really.
I just started programming  2 weeks ago.
It is all still confusing to me.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha i understand, I find coding and programming quite confusing myself 

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to hide the bar at the start of battle and then have it displayed through a command?

I made a battle tutorial for my game, and since I have it where the enemy's HP is restored at certain intervals (this is to prevent the enemy from dying when I remove their immortal state, and also because they stop attacking when their HP hits 0), I'd like an option to hide the bar so that players can't see the enemy's HP regenerate, and then have it show up when they are no longer immortal.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would love to use this! But I would need it to develop these traits first:

1) Have the option to have the HP bar at the bottom of the sprite. Currently it covers any State conditions the enemy may have while on top, and I think it would look nice on the bottom.

2) Fix the issue with SV Battlers in the Animated Battler plugin, as mentioned above.

3) Have the option to have the HP bars ONLY visible during the command selection process. Once the "Battle" begins on each turn, the HP bars become invisible.

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
1) Can do easily, I will update the plugin so the user can move the default position of the bars.

2) I do't know how to do that :( , I don't know how sprites work and how to access there x,y if I could do that then it would be easy.

Would probably have to wait until Yanfly or someone better puts out an enemy hp bar script. (I have only been coding since the game came out);

3)That probably wont be to bad I could add that as a plugin option to only display during combat.

sarugaki339

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much. I found someone else's where they had the number above the enemy but I was looking for a physical HP bar. And the color change is even better. However, I was goin through the comments in this forum and it's my understanding that you can't use animated enemies with this script? If that's the case, so be it, because I would much rather have enemy HP bars but I wanted to make sure first.

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am working on getting it to do the animated battlers. I don't know enough about it right now though. 
Someone will probably release a better version very soon. This was more of a place holder/learning experience for me.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Awright ya marshmallows! :kaopride: Here's a peek of what Alice's 8-bit Gothic gonna be like! EXPECT IT! (...in 2025?) :kaoswt:

alice_gothictiles.png
SF_People3_4 added!
index.php

Finds notes for an old side project... Oh, that's right, the two tracks that sounded really cool and gave inspiration for the big bad in that game... Spends day working on cutscene from old notes, looks okay, now lets slot in the first track... um... I did have those tracks??? It was a year or so ago but I did buy them didn't I?
CA9mtHJ.gif

Everything is really confusing for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepperboi