mattduleheart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there everyone,

I'm working on this game (Really you don't say?!) anyway I'm trying to find out if there is a way that you are able to set level caps for the monsters in the regions, I have been looking for a while now but I'm not able to find anything, if someone can let me know if there is a way to do this, I added a pic of my game and I want to make the red part to a max lvl to like 10 and the green to max lvl 20. I'm using the RPG Maker MV as well if someone can give me some advice,

Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions go in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

Unfortunately you do not mention which engine you have, either in your post or in the info under your avatar. This means I cannot move this to the appropriate forum.

Please post and say which engine it is. You might also consider including it under your avatar to save having this question asked on another occasion.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Assuming this is RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, or MV, that would only be doable with a plugin, more like 2. There is no system of 'enemy level' as you mean it by default in the engine. That said, I'm sure there is already a plugin out there that adds enemy level (maybe a Yanfly plugin? I don't really use them because they are too mainstream for me lol). The second plugin would be to control the enemy level with the region id. This will probably be harder to find as it is more specific than enemy level. If you can program, it should be easy to do thought.

Now, on a more conceptual level, the implementation is really important. I, and I'm sure many other players, personally don't like it when the game in general scales enemy level with the party level. One thing many people like about rpgs is the feeling of improvement. I like it when I farm 5-10 levels and feel overpowered to an enemy I had trouble with before. Now, if you only want to scale the enemy level depending on the region, and don't want to code it or there's no existing plugin, you could always just copy paste the enemy in the database and boost its stats. You would then recreate the troop and replace the enemies in it with their "higher level" counterpart and assign this troop to the region which have higher level enemies.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

mattduleheart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Assuming this is RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, or MV, that would only be doable with a plugin, more like 2. There is no system of 'enemy level' as you mean it by default in the engine. That said, I'm sure there is already a plugin out there that adds enemy level (maybe a Yanfly plugin? I don't really use them because they are too mainstream for me lol). The second plugin would be to control the enemy level with the region id. This will probably be harder to find as it is more specific than enemy level. If you can program, it should be easy to do thought.

Now, on a more conceptual level, the implementation is really important. I, and I'm sure many other players, personally don't like it when the game in general scales enemy level with the party level. One thing many people like about rpgs is the feeling of improvement. I like it when I farm 5-10 levels and feel overpowered to an enemy I had trouble with before. Now, if you only want to scale the enemy level depending on the region, and don't want to code it or there's no existing plugin, you could always just copy paste the enemy in the database and boost its stats. You would then recreate the troop and replace the enemies in it with their "higher level" counterpart and assign this troop to the region which have higher level enemies.
Thank you for the information, just to clarify I am using RPG Maker MV and I am Used the Yanfly Enemy Level Plugin, I would really like to know if there is a plugin or even 2 out there that can help me achieve this. I have tried the Copy and paste method before, but this quickly got out of control and I had an issue with knowing what enemy was weaker or the stronger one. (new to game making and even newer to coding 0.o), But thank you for the advice, Will look into the second Plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix5002