RMMV Enemy Movement Types (Clashing when used together?)

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello beautiful people!

So, in my game, you don't fight enemies in the traditional RPG Style. Instead, you must avoid their predetermined movements. This allows the player to learn their patterns and avoid them.

Here is my little issue that I'm hoping to get some feedback on: how do you feel about having different movement types for enemies?

The first stage of the game features enemies that only execute their movement when the player moves. Many enemies of the game will move in this fashion.

However, when designing new Mechanics for different stages, this movement may not work. As such, I was also thinking of including enemies that move automatically in their predetermined movements (in order words. these enemies will move regardless of the players action).

Another issue is when there are enemies that both have predetermined movements whenever you move, and enemies that move automatically within the same level.

Would you as a player find this jarring, inconsistent, or breaking any kind of game play rules? Or are you the opposite, would you enjoy juggling those two different types of movement of enemies either in in the same level or throughout different levels?

Cant wait to hear your thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?
Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1
My smaller game will revolve around a single character who recruits monsters for the main story quest. Like me, he will have no social life and be hesitant to go outside. Heheh.
Waah!!
I finally got the outline for Mocha Gaze... so happy.
I hope I can get around to writing it this weekend. We'll see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gubbler