Not open for further replies.

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We can all pretty much agree random encounters that are unavoidable suck. And having the enemies appear on the map looks kinda goofy (especially flying enemies or really big ones) and converting them to sprite form from their battle form makes it even worse. 

In VX Ace, there was a script that gave you a little radar in the upper corner. There wasn't any noise or anything:

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/System/ACE_SYS18.html

I found it incredibly useful to avoid or seek out RE. 

If no one wants to make this, I'm just going to hire a scripter, but I think it would be something a lot of people would use in their games so making it for public use would be great. 

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The approach I took in one game was to have a few abstract "Enemy" sprites that wandered around. If they touched the party, it was a random encounter.  Zelda II used the same mechanic on its world map.

So it wasn't literally using the same sprite as the enemy.  There were 2, an Easy and a Harder encounter sprite.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you explain what you are looking for?

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you explain what you are looking for?
Um well, like a little radar in the upper corner of the screen that shows you and the random encounter enemies so you can avoid them or seek them out without having the physically on screen. Pretty much the script in Ace. 

ACE_18.gif

the enemies move around, but they don't necessarily seek out the player or anything. Sorry if it doesn't make sense!

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How was it set up in Ace? Did you have to create events for them?

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No, it was done in the script. It completely threw out the RE system and made it's own (though it took the troops you assigned to the map). In the script, you entered how many enemies you wanted on the radar at a time, how fast they moved, ect. I'm not positive you could change this via script command, but I'm sure you could. 

Here's a video showing how it worked in my old project (sorry for the music, the game recorder picked up on a video I was watching and YouTube had the song as one of it's default replacement tracks and I just picked one at random :/)

you just edited the parameters in the script, like so

Screenshot%2027_zpsfnqti9gh.png

Beyond that, I really don't know. It didn't take much input on the user, it was all done automatically in the script. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I must agree, this was a phenomenal script, and i cant wait to see it used for MV.

The random encounter could be prolonged by evading the red dots (enemies) on the radar. Once a red dot hit your player dot on the radar, the battle started. Amazing 

Foundation

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HI there. We recently built a radar system for our upcoming space game built in MV.
<--snip-->

Plugin information: <--snip-->

It's one of our premium plugins, but it might do the trick. PM me and I'll send you a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[necro]Foundation[/necro]
The request was made over 3 years ago. It is highly unlikely that the OP is still looking for something like this now.

In addition, I have removed all links to your plugin. Paid-for resources can only be offered in the Classified section. As a new user you do not yet have access to that. This post explains why.

[mod]Closing this.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeżeli jeszcze nie subskrybujecie to byłoby nam bardzo miło.
1.png
Potrzebujemy 100 subów na niestandardowy URL.
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellboy2100