Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I'm having trouble with something. In a boss fight in my game, I'd like an enemy to have different dialogue the first time he's attacked. Normally, I'd just set it so the dialogue plays if his HP is 99% of less, but the problem is that he's set to evade every attack until a certain turn. How would I make this dialogue play if he doesn't take any damage?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If this is a silly answer, I apologize in advance. Can't you just set the condition to the end of turn 1?

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@HexMozart88 you didn't understand what Megamatt wants. he wants it to activate after the person first attacks. the first turn does not

guarrentee an attack, as the player might heal. @Megamatt215 you can make two event pages in the troop event page where the first one turns on a self switch after being targeted by an attack and have the second page be the dialogue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yes, but I don't recommend doing it unless you don't have too much other event pages in the troop.

Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
you can make two event pages in the troop event page where the first one turns on a self switch after being targeted by an attack and have the second page be the dialogue.
I'm sorry, but I don't see any option to set a switch if someone is targeted by anything. Can you please explain what you mean?

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here, do this except replace the Eric with your actor and the blah blah blah with the dialouge

Respond After Attack 2.png

Respond After Attack 1.png

Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like that would just force the player to attack on the first turn.

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You aren't mistaken, but there is a way to beat an enemy without directly attacking it. This forces the player to directly attack the boss. You have to think outside the norm, and take into consideration how many loopholes a player can find.

Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't want to force the player to do anything, I just want the dialogue to play when the boss is attacked in any way. The boss uses his most powerful attack on turn 0. I want the player to be able to heal after that.

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Again, the player can think. They will not know that they must attack on the first turn.

Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Again, I don't want to force the player to attack. I want the decision to attack to be completely up to the player. I'd just like the dialogue to play the first time he's targeted by an attack. 

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know, you're being very stubborn. What's the point of asking for help if you're not going to use it? My method is super easy. Just force the actor to attack, and basically you have it guaranteed that the player will attack.

Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm asking for a way to trigger a line of dialogue when the player attacks without forcing the player to do anything. You keep suggesting to force the player to attack. That's not exactly a solution. I simply want something along the lines of "If enemy evades, say "blah blah blah"."

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The reason I am suggesting so strongly to use the "force action" command is that there is no "if targeted" or "evaded" command. If there was don't you think you would have found it by now?

Not in vanilla ace at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
napax