Enemy Row Formations

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Krakaz, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Krakaz

Krakaz Forever Krakaz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Everyone, I'm sure I've overlooked something simple but I've been stuck figuring out how to setup enemy row's, aside from redoing all my troops to relate the new positioning of the enemy how would i go about setting the enemies to spawn in their assigned rows. I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do with some screenshots. the Row States are working as I'd like them too but the Row Position Is Subject to how I've set my troops by the looks of things. also if possible how would i "shrink" the space between row 2 and row 3 for my actors. Apologies for the jumbled questions, part 2 of my second question would be how to align the actors so they look more diagonally spaced rather than a strait line but for now I'd be happy with help pertaining to the main question of how to setup my enemy rows.

Thank You All In Advanced for any Help and Suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    To change enemy rows, use this notetag:
    <Default Row: x>
    This is the same for all battles however, if you want sonething that can be change try this:

On turn 0 of the troop event use this plugin command to change rows:
    SetEnemyRow slotId x
    Where "slotId" is the enemy's troop index ie member 1, 2 etc. And "x" is the row you want that enemy to be in.

Also for your actors, it looks like
    Actors in postion 1 & 2 are in the same row, while the actors in postion 3, and 4 are in different rows, ie the actor in postion 3 looks to be in row 3, while the actor in postion 4 looks to be in row 4.

I'm assuming you're using version 1.15 of row formations and that the maximum and minimum of rows are the same.

3. Krakaz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @Zarsla I've set all my enemies with <default row: x> some with multiple row options, just tried the plugin command in a battle test
    but no change other than their row states,I've taken some more screen shots to show what I've done and the plugin list I'm using (which i desperately need to tidy up),I cant see a minimum row option in the plugin manager but i have set the maximum to 4.
    thank you and apologises in advance for double posting to add the excess screenshots

Attached Files:

4. Krakaz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    here's the laundry list and "enemy section" of the row plugin.well for some strange reason the snip for the top of the plugin doesn't want to upload.

Attached Files:

5. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First off your plugins are out of order. They should be order based on how they are listed here. Also if you don't have it, you need Yanfly Battle Core & Yanfly Core Engine.

To check the enemy rows, give those row states, icons that you can tell the difference with, ie row 1 has a heart icon, row 2 has a sword etc. And see what icon each enemy has, if they match up with they want then it works.

If you want the enemies to look like thier in rows too, then make Adjust Relative Parameter true for enemies.

6. Krakaz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ahh Thank You for the list order and the info i'll get sorting on my lists and change the relative parameter to true.