PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was wondering if it's possible to create a spell that can give information on the enemy that it was used on. Like the Tattle ability that Goombario and Goombella from the Paper Mario series had.

PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright. Now, how do I insert them into the scripts editor?

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
You don't need to use scripts. It seems like you're still new to the program—so I would suggest that you don't rely on the scripts. You can build this yourself, and you will learn more if you do it that way.

In the troops tab of the database, you'll notice that you have the opportunity to add event commands to the battle. You can create your scan ability by using these commands. If you need a more detailed explanation, just ask—but I encourage you to explore the program yourself.

As for the scripting question—if you absolutely need to go that route, you can insert script into the script editor by simply copying and pasting. Towards the bottom of the list on the left, there's a line that tells you where to insert new scripts. You can create a new blank page, and then just paste the contents of the script into that.

PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, thanks frieza! I'll start experimenting.

EDIT: May I have a more detailed explanation, please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
This method is a lot less straightforward than it used to be. If we were using one of the older makers this would have been a LOT easier to figure out. You used to be able to have skills and items activate switches—but they don't have that anymore. They took that feature out (and a bunch of others) for the sole purpose of making things inconvenient for us. It seems that a lot of small but useful features just aren't around anymore when I go to use them. So my bad; this would have been a littler clearer in a previous version of the program. :(

Anyway: if you don't understand switches, start off by reading my tutorial. If you do understand switches, cool.

Start off by having your "scan" skill call a common event (you can do this by creating a new "Effect", it's in the "other" tab), and in that common event turn on a switch.

Then, in the troops tab—you can activate an event page via that switch under "condition". Then anything that you put in that event page (for example, text with the enemy's description) will be activated when the player uses that skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Perfect! Thank you so much.

Reactions: Des

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr