Enemy TP - Do they have it and generate it?

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unsure where to ask; do enemies generator TP much like Actors do? I ask this because my damage formulas take into account TP on the target. I made this mainly for the Player to weigh using TP or burning it for skills.

The problem becomes I don't want monsters to have this extra bonus. So is there a way to set TP on monsters to basically "Don't use"?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
enemy has tp value... and generate it like actor do in battle...

some workaround is actually make a clone of your skills... make that clone skills not calculate using TP... use that in the enemy instead of real skill on actor.

Safire

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Another work around would be to put monsters always at 0 tp by giving them the SP Parameter - Tp Charge Rate at 0%. That way they will never increase tp.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Another work around would be to put monsters always at 0 tp by giving them the SP Parameter - Tp Charge Rate at 0%. That way they will never increase tp.
there's still initTp method though at the start of the battle... so the enemy will gain random (0-25) TP at the start of battle.
but some troops event page that activate at turn 0 to reduce all enemy TP by 100 will fix that. (max TP by default is 100)... but i don't know if there's conflict with some popup damage plugin from any battle plugin (like the tp reduce shown as damage popup)...

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can give both a try. The damage formula isn't so huge that an enemy having 25TP at most would break it. Maybe add some extra variety but the balance shouldn't break(It's like tp *0.25 extra defense)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hatsuya