AssumedPseudonym

Lawful Neutral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 I’m trying to do a common event that gets called during the use of an enemy skill, and I’m trying to store the target actor ID of that skill to a variable. I’m already almost positive this is going to require a script call, but my experience with JavaScript is somewhere between negligible and nonexistent. A little help, please?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no - there are three ways to go at it, one eventing solution, one by script call and one by plugin.
The pure script call solution is not only tricky but depends on some circumstances however, so you either use a plugin to store that information, or use the evented solution.

in case of the event, you create an invisible state (no icon, no messages, no effect) that is applied as the skill effect, and in the common event you check every possible target to find out who got the state.

AssumedPseudonym

Lawful Neutral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 The state/event solution should do pretty much what I need, actually; much appreciated. I’ll try it when it’s not almost eight-in-the-morning with me needing to be awake in six hours. x.x

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just remember to remove the target check state from everyone at the end of the common event.
dont want 2 common event skills being used in the same turn to get messed up just because the state was still there from the 1st skill.
do it right and at most should only ever need 2 CE states, "skill target" "skill user"

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAB00M