kentaromiura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT:

the updated link for the plugin is here: https://github.com/kentaromiura/RPGMV-Plugins/blob/master/dist/js/plugins/kentaromiura_Battle_EnemyStats.js

Original Post:

While testing MV I notice there was nowhere the information of how many HP enemies haves left, I decided adding it, would be perfect to understand how MV works;

Bear in mind this is my first plugin, and I'm not completely satisfy with this, there's a lot to be done... but it works :) :

https://gist.github.com/kentaromiura/183d46f8f3355a158a5f

I have a few questions

1) does exist a way to set the z-index of the text so it always appear below the damage one?

2) I didn't check all the source code but I cannot find any event system, so I had to monkey patch a lot in order to make this works, does any event emitter exists?

3) I guess there are proper getters for getting _privates and if you want to suggest me other improvements I'm open to any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

kentaromiura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update, I've released the plugin here:

https://github.com/kentaromiura/RPGMV-Plugins/blob/master/dist/js/plugins/kentaromiura_Battle_EnemyStats.js

It shows the hp with an optional health bar and a little animation

Tcunz4y.jpg

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Your hp bar script is completely different from mine.
I used the drawGuage function because I don't have sprites and wanted them different colors

kentaromiura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your hp bar script is completely different from mine.

I used the drawGuage function because I don't have sprites and wanted them different colors
Different colours is a great idea, I might add it to my todo list :)

Btw I've to check your plugin as I'm not satisfy with the way I'm doing this, requestAnimationFrame is quite heavy on the cpu,

I see you've relying on the engine calling update, I might trying that as well

kentaromiura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated again:

- implemented 3 customizable color threshold

- implemented customizable color for each threshold (2 colors each as it's a gradient)

- implemented Scan like functionality, the game will now remember which enemy you've already scanned (the action name is customizable)

- implemented Save and Load functionality, so that the previous thing will work across saves.

I think I'll keep the plugin as it is for a while now :)

LIXNDAA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jatopian wrote on war40k's profile.
What did you find for your plugin request?
Progress on my game for RSE is almost done! I should be able to release it next week.
Pfft! If other people would stop replying to threads, I could DOMINATE the Latest Posts box!
After so many hours of debugging, losing data to crashes, and slight adjustments.
BlackJack now deals cards perfectly! Time to adjust the background and implement the game logic so you can actually play it.BlackJack.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanjacksin