Enhancements for my MV plugins (& porting to MZ)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While thinking about porting my MV plugins to MZ (and some to Ace and VX and maybe XP as well), I realised some of them could be tweaked as well as made to be more user friendly.

If you've used any of my plugins and have suggestions for simple enhancements, please post them here so I can start gathering a list.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably not simple, but I figure it's worth mentioning... TileChanger's note tag syntax seems really confusing and not user-friendly. It kind of instantly put me off the plugin, even though I'll definitely need something like it at some point.

I've used EST_RegionMapLoader before which has similar functionality and was pretty easy to use, but as I recall it didn't offer anything to change an individual tile on the fly, so I'd definitely consider switching to TileChanger if it was able to compete with EST_RegionMapLoader in both functionality and ease of use.

Still, like I said at the beginning, this probably doesn't count as a simple change, so perhaps it's better to focus your efforts elsewhere.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare can you give an example of what would make it easier? I realise for this one, there's no reason to make the map notes so complicated - it could simply be the "command" followed by a list of map ids. The plugin calls themselves could also be improved.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
more configuration, for all the things!!
thats my goal anyway :D

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With infinite flexibility, comes infinite complexity.

I hope to be able to look back on these in a couple of years and not think "what the heck was I doing there?"

:D

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yea, I know the feeling :D

I've been just trying to update all the various things that I never released to the community, with all the configuration ofc :p

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In Tile Changer, an ad-hoc passability (direction) setting would be nice. Sorry if it is already implemented and I missed it. This and Clone Events are probably two of the most precious plugins around in my humble opinion.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's an interesting thought. I'll have to think whether I would do that as part of the Tile Changer plugin, or a completely separate one (I did have a passability script for Ace that I might revisit).

Misappi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe a stupid idea but for the Shaz tile change plugin.
Having the choice to change width and height independently and having a boolean true/false for isometric (height is half width and characters movement become iso type.)
Iso movement is different from diagonal movement since height and width of a tile is not the same

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare can you give an example of what would make it easier? I realise for this one, there's no reason to make the map notes so complicated - it could simply be the "command" followed by a list of map ids. The plugin calls themselves could also be improved.
I'm not entirely sure. I don't even understand what the example <load> tag in your opening post is supposed to do.

The way EST_RegionMapLoader works is that you mark an area of a map with a region number, and the command copies just those tiles from the other map. Perhaps the reverse might be a little friendlier though - mark the area to be copied with a region on the map you're copying from. That would allow separately specifying an anchor location on the map you're copying to, so you could for example copy the same building to several locations on one map.

I'm not entirely sure if that method can cover all the features that your TileChanger already offers for copying tiles between maps, though.

That's an interesting thought. I'll have to think whether I would do that as part of the Tile Changer plugin, or a completely separate one (I did have a passability script for Ace that I might revisit).
Actually, being able to arbitrarily change tile flags would be nice... you could do unusual things like setting whether you can boat over a tile (and other flags that aren't directly exposed in the editor). That would probably be a separate plugin, of course. Maybe something that uses note tags in the tileset or something.

Maybe I'll even make this myself if I ever find a need for it... unless someone else makes it first.

Sigony

Crusader Masochist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, well I've been writing a plugin that requires TileChanger, to randomly place pre-built structures on a pre-built template map within a certain area.

I've actually completed that functionality, but I'm trying to polish and optimize it, with features such as generating roads, assigning classes to structure templates, as well as using zones to specify which class of structure should go where on a template map.

The auto-tiles not connecting is a bit of downer for this project.

I was planning to address this myself, but if you happen to know of a simple way to correct autotile connections, preferably after a map has been altered, then that would be great.

NGL, doesn't seem that this could possibly be simple after looking into it.

EDIT: also the ability to specify what transparent tiles should be changed to upon copy would be handy. A good example is roof corners, I would like them to reflect the ground upon which they're copied to.

Last edited:

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Shaz , your map edge transfer plugin, if you wanna port it on Mz that woulld help, idk bout the map transfer on Mz yet but pretty sure im gonna have the same downgrade in fps if i use to much event on world map, and it easier for whether changing event, or event that should not occured elsewhere... And as much as i know, id like to have a list with some explaination of your plugin pretty sure there some treasure im not event aware of...ty @Shaz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.
I think my SV will be weird, but I would love to change it up.

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katana100