Enlarge Tile Menu, I Have Very Poor Eyesight?

RetroActive

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am loving learning this program but the Tile Menu is so small that I can't see any detail. I have to keep placing tiles to figure out what they are. Any way to enlarge menu?

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there aren't any way for it, the only way I can think off, bigger screen which
has a larger resolution, or if you want to slowly develope screenshot it, and
paste it in photoshop, krita, gimp etc to zoom in.

another way that might work if exist, is a tool to zoom in for the screen, but requires
scrolling while placing tiles, which is also not really efficient.

but it depends what exactly your goal is, and how much time you want to set.

if tiles are to small for details, you can also try to use parallax, so you can zoom
in while creating your maps?

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Windows has a built in screen magnifier. If you are using windows, just type it into the start area to turn it on or off.
Standard Setting is 200% but you can adjust it to your liking.

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
I kind of found it a strain to look a these tiles. So, I did a little fiddling around to improve the size.

If you are using Windows, you may be able to increase the size at which the program displays through compatibility settings.

First, open up File Explorer and find your executable.
Second, open up the context menu on the executable and open the Properties menu.
Third, Click the Compatibility Tab.
Fourth, click the Change High DPI settings.
Fifth, on the High DPI Scaling Override, tick the checkbox and change it to "System".

1632084568172.png

This provided a small, but noticable visual increase in size to the program, but you might find one of the above solutions better for your eyes.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin