JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I love the Ancient Dungeon Tileset Pack and wanted it in MV in 48px. So I had to resize it. I am hoping for some opinions on the result.

cGlQbk3.png

Tools Used: Waifu2x, Photoshop

Problems I had Encountered (and tried solving):

• Tile Leakage - Not just a thing for tilesets, happens to facesets too. Occurs when pixels fill the edges of the tile. After enlargement, there is a leakage to neighbouring tile. Solved by splitting out objects that are prone to leak before enlarging, and enlarging them separately or cleaning the leakages.
  • Whitish Edges or Excessive Edges - Happens to some objects. Cleaned with photoshop.with Layer>Matting>(Option depending on tile)
  • Bluriness - Granted that it happens even if using Waifu2x. Did some smart sharpening using Photoshop.

Feedback and tips for improving the enlargement process would be appreciated :3

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure what they looked like in the 32x32 format, but you coulda fooled me and told me that was them. They look really great!

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Awwwwww :< .... you converted them to MV!? I wanna use these!! I dont know how to use Waifu to convert mine though :(

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They look a little stretched out, but you can barely tell. Good job!

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm sorry. I don't agree. The grass looks very pixelated and not smooth like the original. There was a tutorial about resizing ACE resources to fit MV. Maybe follow that and see if you can get a better result http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/45746-resizing-tiles-for-mv/.

b71iNut.gif
(Stuff moves because I sometimes re-positioned my original enlargement tryout tiles)

Tried the method suggested. Grass looks the same either way. I think I prefer my method for the brighter and less blurry tiles... but it does appear to resize the some tiny objects better. I might mix the nicer tiles in. Thanks for pointing out the tutorial!

Editted for bad English.

Edit 2:

I derped.. I forgot to swap out the grass tileset. No wonder it looks the same -_-

Here's with the grass difference

Iv3lN8V.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I love editing things .
16b6a8abb5d27bf617d9b802cd5b868a.jpg

* Wall frames made with pencil photo and program photos, * Leaf and Pot, with cliché ideas of flowers
*bear on top of the closet belonging to the art of whtdragon lol.
No better feeling than part of a project just clicking into place without a single issue.
Been playing through Skies of Arcadia again, and it really makes me wanna see someone try to implement how ship battles were done in the game into RPG Maker (or really just in general).
split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merrick99