Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make this happen? I wanted to make one of my characters have the kind of oversized weapon deal.

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A redraw of the Sprite would work? I mean, I believe that may work.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He means draw the sprite so it looks like original, just make it larger. Or you can use resize, but that results in loss of quality.
There are also plugins that allow to use custom weapon graphics. I think one is even made by Yanfly.

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is exactly what I meant.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He means draw the sprite so it looks like original, just make it larger. Or you can use resize, but that results in loss of quality.
There are also plugins that allow to use custom weapon graphics. I think one is even made by Yanfly.

Yanfly' she just allows a different look so long as you have an image and tag

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you draw out the sprite but larger and add it as if it was a custom weapon using Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin it should work quite well. The animation is just three frames, so I assume drawing the larger sprite it would work Ideal.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you draw out the sprite but larger and add it as if it was a custom weapon using Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin it should work quite well. The animation is just three frames, so I assume drawing the larger sprite it would work Ideal.

Is there a way to set custom weapon images on enemy sprites? Cause the character who has it is an enemy at first in my game.

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well at least for what I know if you use actor battlers as enemy's then you can attach weapons and they can also be custom weapons. However this is also one of Yanfly's Plugins.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well at least for what I know if you use actor battlers as enemy's then you can attach weapons and they can also be custom weapons. However this is also one of Yanfly's Plugins.

What's the plug-in called?

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe in the parameters of the plugin you would have to identify the 'Attack motion' and the 'Weapon Image Index'

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe in the parameters of the plugin you would have to identify the 'Attack motion' and the 'Weapon Image Index'

So type that in notes?

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the parameters of the plugin directly if I am not mistaken.

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not on all the enemies, fortunately the weapons would have to be added to the plugin's parameters. I took a shot of what I am seeing within the parameters. https://gyazo.com/c2359c08be205a4057f8d2fa8a14add4 The weapons that come with the RPGMaker should already be ready to use since thier is a weapon sheet in the files which are listed in order in the Help section of the plugin. If you were to use a weapon of this spread sheet then you can put this command in the Notes of an enemy along with the other necessary notes.

<Sideview Weapon: 1>

However the number can be any number within those that are listed in the shot I took above, but I have not tried to add custom weapons to a Sideview enemy so I cant speak of that being sure. I do see a few custom slots in their so I assume their is a way to add much more.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not on all the enemies, fortunately the weapons would have to be added to the plugin's parameters. I took a shot of what I am seeing within the parameters. https://gyazo.com/c2359c08be205a4057f8d2fa8a14add4 The weapons that come with the RPGMaker should already be ready to use since thier is a weapon sheet in the files which are listed in order in the Help section of the plugin. If you were to use a weapon of this spread sheet then you can put this command in the Notes of an enemy along with the other necessary notes.

<Sideview Weapon: 1>

However the number can be any number within those that are listed in the shot I took above, but I have not tried to add custom weapons to a Sideview enemy so I cant speak of that being sure. I do see a few custom slots in their so I assume their is a way to add much more.

I tested a trick and it worked, thx for your help. :)

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A pleasure helping, I help when i can. A like or two would really make me happy. :3

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while
MythicRuss wrote on gothicvoid's profile.
hi, i was looking thru ur awesome stuff, and was looking around the internet, how in the heckin heck do i get the hiddendoors to open? im addng them to the doors event but they just appear as solid walls, btw am total noob lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkValkyrieSin