Ina00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if it's a common Rpg maker issue, but, in a troop with more than one enemy, if one of them uses a skill on selectable ally (heal, buff ecc) it'll always target the same ally during all the battle.
Any way to fix this?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello again! So, I tried to get the enemy to use healing skill on an ally or another enemy, but he just passed the turn.

Could you show me how you did it?

Please put an image, why my operating system forces VXA to run in the default language, which in my case is not English.

Ina00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello again! So, I tried to get the enemy to use healing skill on an ally or another enemy, but he just passed the turn.

Could you show me how you did it?

Please put an image, why my operating system forces VXA to run in the default language, which in my case is not English.
Ehm...I also have RPG maker in my language, so i think we have the same issue.
I basically make the skill, (in this case a skill that buffs the attack for example), and add it first in the enemy features box and then in the action box. It actually uses it in battle, but if the skill lets you select the target it uses it itself (if the troop has 1 enemy) or always on one of the enemies in the troop (if there are more tha one).

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I couldn't get around this language issue without messing with the operating system.
I assume yours is in Italian, just by the position I believe it is already easy to identify.

I will try to do this step by step.

Edit:
I did it, I forgot to put the skill in the parameters too, for the enemy "Learn".
I will test what happens to 4 members in party.

Edit 2:
I created an ability that recovers 10% of any "enemy" hp (Seen by the monster is one of the allies).
In the enemy I put the ability in "characteristics", I believe it is for him to learn.
In the "action patterns" I put a high chance for him to use exactly that skill.

He recovered his HP randomly, although he repeated the same target a few times, by coincidence.

I restarted the battle 3 times to be sure.

Last edited:

Ina00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I couldn't get around this language issue without messing with the operating system.
I assume yours is in Italian, just by the position I believe it is already easy to identify.

I will try to do this step by step.

Edit:
I did it, I forgot to put the skill in the parameters too, for the enemy "Learn".
I will test what happens to 4 members in party.

Edit 2:
I created an ability that recovers 10% of any "enemy" hp (Seen by the monster is one of the allies).
In the enemy I put the ability in "characteristics", I believe it is for him to learn.
In the "action patterns" I put a high chance for him to use exactly that skill.

He recovered his HP randomly, although he repeated the same target a few times, by coincidence.

I restarted the battle 3 times to be sure.
I tried too, and for me they all use the skill on the last enemy. I used a 3 enemies troop and they all used the heal to the 3rd one...

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I may have misunderstood your question.
First, I understood that the enemy should heal some of the group members (Player).
Now I understood that the enemy must heal another enemy (Troop)

I apologize to you in advance.

Ina00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I may have misunderstood your question.
First, I understood that the enemy should heal some of the group members (Player).
Now I understood that the enemy must heal another enemy (Troop)

I apologize to you in advance.
Oh yes, i'm sorry if didn't explain myself well. If you set a skill to target "An ally" in the database, obviusly will let you choose someone to heal from your party, but if it's used by an ENEMY it will heal one of its allies, so another enemy, and this happens but with the issue i explained before.
I apologize again, i hope this time it's clearer.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
But each enemy healed a specific ally per turn.
So it would be Slime A -> Use Heal -> Slime C?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p
Ok so......Maaaaybe I've taken a ''little'' bit of inspiration from FF9 when it comes to battle hud xD

ff9.PNG

Just maybe....
New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png
Devil May Cry-Style Action Shooter in RPG Maker 2000! | RPG Maker News #75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raytoly