Entaria

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Roninator2, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    *removed for possibility of selling the game. With improvements*

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2016
  2. Clangeddin

Clangeddin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I doubt anyone's gonna try this out if you put a password on the installer and don't tell us what the password is...

3. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Apologies, I just realized today that I forgot to take the password off the installer build settings. The password is playme.

I'm uploading a updated installer as I type. No password on it.

4. Rpgbillion

Rpgbillion Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Cool

5. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    - the option for choosing your character is nice, but there could be a better description. Like when you speak to the mage, he could say: I am a mage, I can do this and that and my weakness is this and that...and why can't I choose the big guy? ;)
    - overworld maps and cities are nicely done! Indoor maps are too big! they could be a lot smaller
    - citys could be a bit more populated, with citizens walking around. or some moving objects like water, lights etc. it feels a bit static otherwise
    - no story. that is not good at all. rpg maker games really need a story! at least make a very small story. There is an earthquake, so at least make someone appear when you leave your house and have him/her say something like "please explore where these earthquakes come from". Without knowing what to do, it's hard to find out where to go...some npc events could really help your game.
    - I Picked up a lot of weapons, could not use any of them. I managed to defeat first monsters without any weapons, but I should be able to use a claw or a knife as a samurai...or not?
    - some of the npcs should say a bit more than one sentence, gives the game more personality

- frustration on the first levels is extremely high for me - game is too difficult or i am too stupid. not enough healing options at the start?

Remember: This is your game, you know every piece of it because you made it. I do know nothing about this game! Me and the other players need some guidance for the first steps of your game!

6. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks. I agree with what you have said. This was my first game with RPG Maker VX Ace. I threw it together in two weeks as I was learning the program. And spent a month debugging it. I am going to be incorporating everything you said into a new game I'm making. I don't want to spend time on this one until I've completed my new game.

The samurai sword is probably the hardest item to find at the start. It is in the first town where you start. But you should have been able to buy that weapon after selling the others. It is true that you have to use potions when you start for healing, unless you pick the priestess.

I have to say I didn't think of the indoor maps as too big, but these were the default maps in the program.

I'll have to think about putting a text description for the characters when you pick them. When you select a character you get to see their skills and magics, so you should have a reasonable guess as to their strengths.

Thanks for the input. If you can get through the beginning it will get easier. After you pick up a second character that is.

7. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Entaria has been reworked. More content added and bugs fixed. Nobody, seriously NOBODY (and there were over 80 downloads of this game), reported any bugs. I fixed several bugs as I went through the game again.

I did this because a publisher may be interested in buying the game, so I had to go back and work on it again.

Now if anybody want it, you'll have to buy it.

8. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Game is currently Called Teihrvalas. It is at version 2.7

Once I feel it is ready I will be selling it.

I would delete this thread if I knew how.

9. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Roninator2 Threads aren't deleted, they are only closed upon request. If you no longer wish this to be open you can report your original post and leave a note for a mod to close it.

10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.