Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1500x500.jpg
Creation of Harold by Nowis_337

The RPG Maker Beta Testers Discord community presents the Enter the Haroldverse game jam! Starting July 27th, impart the spark of life into your own Harold! Conveniently timed after the Touch the Stars jam, our contest invites you to celebrate MV's longstanding mascot, however you deem fit.

For prizes, schedule, and the best collection of Harold-assets on the web, see: https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam.

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Reid jam when?
Wha. . this is a Harold jam and you have the audacity to mention. . . get out!!! Seriously though, you can do some Reid themed stuff for this jam if you want. I even included him in some of the optional themes.

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Um... Wow... Are there more resources for those of us who are not in on the joke as of yet? It'd be nice to see a trail of Haroldverse content made from previous events and jams that are considered "Canon."

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heh, maybe I should throw my hat in this ring... if I can think of anything that is.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
BTW before anyone asks, they have permission to post this jam. It was approved by staff.

Carry on with your discussions.

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Aight, so which engines can we use for this? MV or MZ? (I would imagine it's MV since that's Harold's home engine)

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Um... Wow... Are there more resources for those of us who are not in on the joke as of yet? It'd be nice to see a trail of Haroldverse content made from previous events and jams that are considered "Canon."
If you need to get some general background on Harold, check out last year's entries!

I'd suggest all the top ranked ones, as well as ones that ranked high on the "Harold" criterion, or won the "Harold's Kind Smile" award.

Aight, so which engines can we use for this? MV or MZ? (I would imagine it's MV since that's Harold's home engine)
Any game engine is allowed! The main limitation is that you need to own MV to use Harold in other "Maker" engines.

Although "Harold" is technically not allowed outside of these, there are some non-Harold heroes in the community resources page, and you could make your own non-Harold heroes as well.

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The jam is now live! Hope to see some amazing entries. I know lots of people already pumped and working hard, so get on it!

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wanted to do this one, but I'm afraid I can't find the time. I send all my luck to the participants!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The upper limit of 45 minutes is definitely going to be the hardest part, especially for those of us who want "has a battle system" to be among the features. Oh well, here goes nothing!

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Give me 5 minutes of Harold! You can do it!
I'll think about it. I do have an idea. A creep harold-ing idea! I'm just not sure I have time.

Get it - it's a bad pun - harrowing - harold-ing? Hahahaha - I'm funny.

Edit: I officially joined the jam - we'll see if I get to make anything.

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hear you Aesica! It’s time for only a handful of battles, but I know it can be done! Will be cool to see how it turns out. And that pun is definitely Harold
level Mikey. Hope to see something, even super short.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank goodness you picked harold and not idk, ralph or alex, otherwise I might have wasted dozens and dozens of hours of my time on this! (I have one finished project and one indefinite-hiatus-but-lets-not-say-cancelled project starring Ralph.)

(I'm not sure I still won't.)

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
thank goodness you picked harold and not idk, ralph or alex, otherwise I might have wasted dozens and dozens of hours of my time on this! (I have one finished project and one indefinite-hiatus-but-lets-not-say-cancelled project starring Ralph.)

(I'm not sure I still won't.)
Nooooo my heart. :(
But seriously I do expect some subversive games from non-Harold fans. Those are totally welcome.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ariel240gamer