Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses

I am proud to present to you Epic Odyssey, a traditional rpg that I have worked on since 2011. You are invited to embark as a young knight who unknowingly set in motion events that will forever change the fate of the world. Along your journey across the fantastical land of Elysium a handful of loyal companions will assist you on your mission.

Epic Odyssey is a pretty large game (about 25hrs. for the story, another 10+hrs. for all side quests and other events). There are over 205 different enemies (no palette swaps) to encounter and add to your Beastiary. There are also over 90 different items, accessories, and armors to synthesize!

Other features include:
  • Many custom made skills and spells.
  • In battle the "Attack" command uses a Judgment Ring system to gain rage.
  • Each character has their own unique skill set.
  • 4 Rage Overdrive skills per character.
  • 14 different windows to give your adventure its own look.
  • Custom battle backgrounds.
  • Take screenshots of your adventure using the F10 key.
Screenshots:

Screenshot 3.png

Screenshot 1 (2).png

Screenshot 12.png

Screenshot 13.png

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 3 (2).png

Screenshot 6.png

Screenshot 4.png

Screenshot 14.png

Credits:

Yanfly
GB Production
Ice Dragon
Original Wij
Mr. Anonymous
Touchfuzzy
RFTD
Woratana
Shanghai
Yami Sakagami
KGC
Nicke
Ayene
Jet10985
Zeus81
Ccoa
Bulletxt
Synthesize
mikb89
Lunarea
Celianna
Helen

and more... select "Credits" from the title screen to see entire list.

Download the Gamejolt.com version to win trophies and compete at the scoreboards!

Are you wanting a much more in depth description about what this game is about?
Check out my Game Walkthrough Guide for that and much more!

Need help finding items? Try my Spoiler Guide to Items:

Do you wish to know all the recipes in game?
Check out my recipe list with descriptions and their general locations:

Attachments

Last edited:

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
For those who would like to have a guide for my game, I will be putting together one within the next few days.

Stay tuned.

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you provide more information about the story? Right now, it really sounds like the usual of a hero going on a great adventure to save the world with the help of his friends. Who is the main hero? Who are the characters? What's the story about? I am not asking you to reveal too much, of course, but a small synopsis would attract the player to actually download the game.

The mapping looks a bit plain, to be honest, but at least the gameplay does look interesting. ^^

LostFonDrive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Generic-as-hell name, honestly. However this seems interesting enough, I might give it a shot if I have time. Sounds like a big time investment though!

And I still have to replay MGS3 and Fire Emblem Awakening, heh

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
When I wrote the synopsis I meant it to be very vague. Most RPGs out there are usually about a hero saving the world. That's why I called it a "traditional rpg". 

It has the same basic premise as other traditional rpgs mixed with my storytelling. I purposely didn't go into detail about the characters because I would rather

have the player discover it themselves. If that was a bad call then so be it. Over 255 views in the past 4 days... someone has bound to have played it.

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Boy, first two posts about my first game and I'm getting such a warm welcome! Generic-as-hell name? Tell me, why do you think game name is generic? You do know

that Epic Odyssey is a play on words. Like Homer's Odyssey is an epic. Don't worry about playing my game I wouldn't want to keep you away from plugging those other

games.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Frelance Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@LostFonDrive  You really shouldn't be so quick to stab...  At any rate, This game is COMPLETED. I doubt he'll change the title just for you.

Edit: Annnd I'm an idiot. I didn't read your whole post. u____u

@Utopiablue,  Many people will look and not play.  Keep a positive attitude, try not to be impatient, and always look at the bright side of things. People will actually notice that.  Whatever feedback you have coming, be it good, bad, or ooogly...  keep a positive attitude.  (Even if you have to go punch a punching bag later. :p ) People will notice!

Now... let's see what this game's all about.

Last edited by a moderator:

LostFonDrive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't worry about playing my game I wouldn't want to keep you away from plugging those other

games.
Well like I said, it seems kind of interesting and I know it takes a lot of time and effort to make, so I'll probably play it sometime.

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hello.Can anyone help me i´m stuck in Gar´Mal .In the beginning of the swamp.Where´s the pet and is it needed to proceed?How to proceed?

I´m not far in the game but i must say that i think this is  a great game.Just my taste.

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
If anyone has downloaded the game before April 18th please redownload the game again. Extra water tiles in the Gar'Mal Swamp will prevent you from proceeding the game. This has been fixed.

Thanks kenlan for finding this.

The game is not totally perfect. Please, if anyone finds an issue or is having trouble progressing in my game don't hesitate to send me a message. I promise I won't bite. :guffaw:

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
downloading now.  I like the look of this.

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
There is a new update for Epic Odyssey. This is hopefully my last update for Epic Odyssey. It is not an extremely important update but it will make it a better playing experience.

Due to feedback I have made certain bosses easier and added better drops for enemies near end game mission. So re-redownload if you like and copy your save file into the updated game.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First of all, I am a great fan of your game, even when I suck on your combat system, but I had a similar problem in shadow hearts ;-). However, what I wanted to ask you is if it would be a big effort to add Zeus Fullscreen++ to your game....

No clue if it's possible or if it would just raise errors, but it would improve the display greatly for me.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No confrontation meant, but you really should know that, from a bystander perspective, the topic is not really appealing. 

The title is not particularly compelling, the game description is brief and vague with nothing particularly catching, screenshots show some decent gameplay systems but the mapping is bland, and the "features" list is hilariously made of fluff (windowskins? battlebacks? That's like advertising a chainsaw and featuring it comes with seven different color stickers)

Now, I have NO IDEA if the game is good, so this isn't a criticism to that. It's just that it's not presenting in a compelling way, meaning few people will give this game a chance at all. (I mean, have you SEEN how many games are there in the Completed section? Coz there's a LOT). As it is, I am not tempted to pick this up. There is nothing here that could catch my attention. The only thing I can imagine is the combat system making people curious, but I've played Shadow Hearts and a reproduction of that and a bestiary script isn't exactly going to sway me.

Personally I would reformat the topic (which is pretty boring and plain) and expand a bit on your story and characters. I mean, it's an RPG, I ASSUME (and I could be wrong) you have a compelling story driving the game? What's the game's focus? "Rescuing the world" isn't a description, it's a genre, it tells me nothing but the most shallow bare minimum.

You have to understand that outsiders do not know if your game is good, and there are MANY games to choose from. This is like going to the cinema and having a movie with poorly made ads or no ads at all. Good or not, people are not going to watch it.

If your intention is to catch players (and I assume it is) I recommend putting some more effort into the presentation of the game. It's your game's "face" and what draws players in. It deserves some more care.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No confrontation meant, but you really should know that, from a bystander perspective, the topic is not really appealing. 

The title is not particularly compelling, the game description is brief and vague with nothing particularly catching, screenshots show some decent gameplay systems but the mapping is bland, and the "features" list is hilariously made of fluff (windowskins? battlebacks? That's like advertising a chainsaw and featuring it comes with seven different color stickers)

Now, I have NO IDEA if the game is good, so this isn't a criticism to that. It's just that it's not presenting in a compelling way, meaning few people will give this game a chance at all. (I mean, have you SEEN how many games are there in the Completed section? Coz there's a LOT). As it is, I am not tempted to pick this up. There is nothing here that could catch my attention. The only thing I can imagine is the combat system making people curious, but I've played Shadow Hearts and a reproduction of that and a bestiary script isn't exactly going to sway me.

Personally I would reformat the topic (which is pretty boring and plain) and expand a bit on your story and characters. I mean, it's an RPG, I ASSUME (and I could be wrong) you have a compelling story driving the game? What's the game's focus? "Rescuing the world" isn't a description, it's a genre, it tells me nothing but the most shallow bare minimum.

You have to understand that outsiders do not know if your game is good, and there are MANY games to choose from. This is like going to the cinema and having a movie with poorly made ads or no ads at all. Good or not, people are not going to watch it.

If your intention is to catch players (and I assume it is) I recommend putting some more effort into the presentation of the game. It's your game's "face" and what draws players in. It deserves some more care.
No offense and I respect your opinion and you are most likely right. But some of us are already beyond the sales crap and are only interested in the things below. And for us every further word, spoiler or explanation is diminishing the experience to learn the story inside the game...

One thing I can say about this game is that it is far from perfect and not exactly the style I usually play but it is made with love and much effort...

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. So. Among a list of 100 games, how do you pick which ones to play? I am not being unreasonable, presenting a game isnt beign "shifty salesman" or anything, it's informing the player what the game is going to be like so they can get interested. You CAN pick games totally blindly, but what of all the people who have no time or drive to do that? Are you willing to lose a big chunk of players who could have been interested if it was better presented? (and again, I am leaving the actual game's content aside for this since I have not played, I am talking purely from an outsider perspective)

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not 100 but I have like 20-30 games a week from which I obtain around 5-8 games and from which I keep playing only 1 or 2 longer than 2-3 hours. And I am disappointed from most well presented game so in a list of 100 games I chose this one for sure.

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thanks for trying my game out, felsenstern. I have tried a few years ago Original Wij's fullscreen and some other one and they both crashed on my game. I took your

advice and tried Zeus81 script and tested it out some. It did not crash, but I'm going to add a separate link just in case.

Utopiablue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Some have asked for a game guide to Epic Odyssey so I will be presenting a walkthrough guide probably sometime next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbigailTal